Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/7/2010 10:54:40 AM EDT
Hi all- just making introductions on this site.

Just wanted to share some HD videos that I have up on my site, and let you all know that I'm looking forward to discussing reloading here on AR15.com!

Hornady Lock-N-Load AP HD Videos:
RCBS Bullet Feeder on Hornady Lock-N-Load AP 45ACP (HD)
Hornady LNL-AP 9mm part II (HD)
Hornady LNL-AP 9mm part I (HD)
LNL AP Loading 30-06 (HD)
LNL-AP 45 ACP Part II (HD)
LNL-AP 45 ACP Part I (HD)
LNL AP Loading 44 Magnum (HD)
EZ-Ject Kit Install Part II (HD)
EZ-Ject Kit Install Part I (HD)
LNL-AP Powder Measure (HD)

Dillon XL-650 HD Videos:
RCBS Bullet Feeder on Dillon XL-650 9mm (HD)
XL650 Caliber change 45ACP to 357 Magnum - Part II (HD)
XL650 Caliber change 45ACP to 357 Mag - Part I (HD)
XL650 Powder Check with 45ACP (HD)
XL650 Caliber Change 22-250 to 45ACP Part II (HD)
XL650 Caliber Change 22-250 to 45ACP Part I (HD)
XL650 Loading 22-250 (HD)
XL650 Loading 30-06 (HD)
XL650 Loading 45ACP (HD)
XL650 Loading 357 Magnum (HD)
XL 650 Overview (HD)

Lee Loadmaster Videos:
RCBS Bullet feeder on Lee Loadmaster for 45 ACP (HD)
Loadmaster Loading 9mm (HD)
Loadmaster changing from 357 Magnum to 9mm (HD)
Loadmaster caliber change 45ACP to 357 Mag Part II (HD)
Loadmaster caliber change 45ACP to 357 Mag Part I (HD)
Loadmaster Loading 45 ACP (HD)

RCBS Pro 2000 HD Videos:
RCBS Pro 2000 Loading 22-250 (HD)
Pro 2000 Loading 357 Magnum (HD)
Pro 2000 loading 45 ACP (HD)
  RCBS Bullet Feeder on RCBS Pro 2000 45ACP (HD)

And here's some AR-specific videos (progressives to come):
Redding T-7 Loading .223 Part I (HD)
Redding T-7 Loading .223 Part II (HD)
Lee Classic Turret Loading .223 Remington Part I (HD)
Lee Classic Turret Loading .223 Remington Part II (HD)

If you have questions about these presses, please feel free to add comments on those presses, or PM me. Have ideas for videos you want to see? Let me know. I'm sure I'll have AR-specific reloading questions and issues to discuss here. BTW: I'm also going to be doing an interactive AR build here shortly on www.ultimatereloader.com - so if you want to follow along and be a part of that, I would love it! I won't stop at just building the AR, I'm going to cover dialing in the most accurate benchrest load possible- it's going to be a lot of fun! Look for posts in the AR build forum here on ar15.com.

Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok, I give.... what are you selling ? If it's good will, Welcome ! to Arfcom....  If something else you might take a look see @ CoC rules.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#2]
These videos are a free resource. Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks!
Gavin
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Another thing we could do is remove the barrel and check by hand?

I think thats what you should do, not load the gun indoors(just me)

Great vids, thanks for posting
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome...you otta start a gateway thread and post your video so they don't move to archive.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you very much.

My 650 is starting to get a little tired, so I know I'll be looking at your 650 vids to get mine back on track.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice videos. Thanks for all your hard work and welcome.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Your video on the RCBS bullet feeder attached to a Hornady L-n-L is what convinced me to buy the feeder.  Great production values in those videos.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh my god! I really liked the RCBS bullet feeder on the Lee Loadmaster press (I've got two) Gonna have to get one of those bad Boys.

Also welcome a thanks for all the info.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Your videos cost me a lot of money...
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to the site !!
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice videos, well done, not all grainy and jumpy like most.  However, when I trioed to watch Lee Classic Turret reloading .223 I could only get part 1, every time I went to part 2, part 1 would start again.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I've spent some time on your site.  Good to see you here, and Welcome!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1

Keep up the good work on the Loadmaster vids.   I really need them.

ETA:   I would REALLY like to see a video about loading the 223 on the Loadmaster.  

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

...when I tried to watch Lee Classic Turret reloading .223 I could only get part 1, every time I went to part 2, part 1 would start again.

Me too!    I thought my computer was stuck or something.

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
These videos are a free resource. Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks!
Gavin

Welcome to the forum, I'm a fan of your YouTube videos and learned a lot from them. And yes,  it cost me a lot of money too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Tag for a later veiwing...
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Same here. It's a rather good source.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks everyone! Glad you've found it useful.

BTW: The Lee Classic Turret Part II is the right video, but has the wrong into text in the video (into is the same following text- perhaps I'll repost).

Thanks,
Gavin
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Oh my god! I really liked the RCBS bullet feeder on the Lee Loadmaster press (I've got two) Gonna have to get one of those bad Boys.

Also welcome a thanks for all the info.

Wonder if it will work on a dillon.

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Obviously, you haven't looked at all his RCBS Bullet Feeder videos.

Yes.  Click the first Dillon 650 video in his first post.

My question to the O.P. is this:  did you purchase all that equipment or are you getting/borrowing review copies from the Manufacturers or elsewhere?  Hard to stay objective isn't it?

Link Posted: 8/8/2010 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Great vids and web site!
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been to your site many times, very informative. I highly recommend it to any reloader.

+1 on the RCBS bullet feeder on the LNL, I need to get one myself.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#24]
How about a vid setting up the LNL AP for various AR varient cartridges, such as .458 SOCOM or .50 Beowulf?
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Great video's
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 5:07:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Mods please place a link to this thread in the Gateway to useful threads.
Its great what you did.I only had time to watch a couple but great videos and
no headbanging music either.I look forward to watching all your Vids.Good Job!
Oh yeah as someone else asked...Your own all that equipment? Whew!
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 6:57:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 7:38:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks again Ultimate, I have been watching your video's for quite some time on Youtube.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mods please place a link to this thread in the Gateway to useful threads.
Its great what you did.I only had time to watch a couple but great videos and
no headbanging music either.I look forward to watching all your Vids.Good Job!
Oh yeah as someone else asked...Your own all that equipment? Whew!

Every member can place links in that thread.  That's its purpose, it gives everyone a chance to essentially "tack" whatever they want.  dryflash3 and I need a heads up when a new post is added so we can set the thread to stay out of the archive.  One thing I ask is that everyone use one post for all their links.  My first post in the thread has guidelines for identifying the links, to make them more useful for everyone.

Thanks AeroE i placed the link over there then...great!

Link Posted: 8/9/2010 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My question to the O.P. is this:  did you purchase all that equipment or are you getting/borrowing review copies from the Manufacturers or elsewhere?  Hard to stay objective isn't it?

I am in the same boat here. Just wondering if this is Guns and Ammo magazine all over again?

Link Posted: 8/9/2010 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Guys- you raise some great points here. I know what you mean about most gun writers :)

I have limited sponsorship for some of the equipment, and have purchased a lot of equipment as well.

The truth is that there is no "perfect" reloading press- and each of these products is still available because they each have strengths/weaknesses (price, features, quality, etc). No single manufacturer can patent all of the good design features!

I try and be fair about my reviews and info. Depending on your budget, your intended uses, and your quality bar- each of these presses can be a good choice for someone.

I'm working towards a comprehensive comparison resource (articles, etc) online that will outline Total Cost of Ownership for each system (for x rifle calibers + y pistol calibers, etc) and also highlight the features of each press as well as strengths and weaknesses.

Yes, each press does have weaknesses! - but I don't "bash".

If you don't think I'm keeping it fair, let me know.

My goal- to give you all the info you need to make up your own mind.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Excellent stuff, thanks for the resources Gavin!
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Guys- you raise some great points here. I know what you mean about most gun writers :)

I have limited sponsorship for some of the equipment, and have purchased a lot of equipment as well.

The truth is that there is no "perfect" reloading press- and each of these products is still available because they each have strengths/weaknesses (price, features, quality, etc). No single manufacturer can patent all of the good design features!

I try and be fair about my reviews and info. Depending on your budget, your intended uses, and your quality bar- each of these presses can be a good choice for someone.

I'm working towards a comprehensive comparison resource (articles, etc) online that will outline Total Cost of Ownership for each system (for x rifle calibers + y pistol calibers, etc) and also highlight the features of each press as well as strengths and weaknesses.

Yes, each press does have weaknesses! - but I don't "bash".

If you don't think I'm keeping it fair, let me know.

My goal- to give you all the info you need to make up your own mind.

Don't you think it'd be fair to tell us what limited sponsorship you have and from whom?

I'll be honest, 10 videos for the Hornady, 11 videos for the Dillon, 6 videos for the Lee, and just 4 videos for the RCBS.  Bet you didn't buy the RCBS, or get a "limited sponsorship" from RCBS.  

You mention that each have their strengths and weaknesses and you are absolutely right.  I've watched all of your vids, and they are for the most part quite good.  I especially like your video of the Dillon Caliber change over. Very well done and easy to understand. 15 minutes if you're good at it not counting a primer size changeover.  The only part I didn't like was dumping the primers out of the tube into you hands.  Surely there's a better way.

I use the RCBS Pro 2000.  The part of the video describing the loading of APS primer strips was well done.  Good job.  Everything else you did to demo the APS primer system in 3 of the 4 videos was either sabotage or showed you did the videos before you learned the system.  But your goal to be objective,  rules out the sabotage.  BTW when you started a thread on THR on how to get a primer strip unstuck, I was one of the ones who helped you.  I'd be glad to help you learn the APS system,  once you learn the tricks, hate might just turn to love.  You never touch a primer with APS or blow up primer tubes. (you thought the safety tube was for looks?)

If you can borrow another Pro 2000, I'd suggest you do a video on caliber change from .223 (small primers) to .45 ACP (large primers)  It only takes me 5 minutes...including primer system change, and powder measure load dial-in.  Granted there is no shell feeder to change over...but caliber changeover is more important to me, as I load 8 calibers and changeovers happen every few days of reloading, and sometimes 3 in an evening with plenty of time left over to reload each.  If I was loading only 9mm or 45acp for IPSC, I would choose the Dillon...but I don't...it doesn't fit my particular hobby as well as the RCBS.

Please redo at least the video showing you raising 3 primers on top of one another as you demo the APS....if you want to be believable.  

Ranting about the RCBS videos aside....most of your videos are very good.  But please try harder to be objective, if that's really a goal.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#34]
He's had the Hornady the longest. His first vids of it still have the ejector wire on it...
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
He's had the Hornady the longest. His first vids of it still have the ejector wire on it...

Noticed that!  I think he kept that one.  I'm hoping he still has the Pro 2000 and he takes the time to make some "good" videos of it in the future like he did the other brands.  I  know better, but to people new in the progressive market, his RCBS vids have probably already done undeserved damage.  If I only had his 3 videos to go by, I'd think APS is mickey mouse....instead of a big improvement over the tube systems I've used for 40 years.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#36]
GWhis- I have more Pro-2000 videos planned- but I've been busy with the RCBS pistol bullet feeder (showed on all 4 5 station presses) and the Lee Classic Turret videos (lots of demand for those).

Anyways- let's follow-up offline, I'd love to hear more of your feedback- and I'll incorporate that in future Pro-2000 videos.

This year, my goal is to create complete "into centers" for each of these presses with detailed specs, comparisons, feature overviews, etc. (to complement the videos).

I do have all of the presses in-house:

It's going to take some time to get all of the videos completed, just for these presses, it's a TON of work! (Loadmaster rifle videos are pending still, etc).
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 8:56:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I do have all of the presses in-house:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/4618253271_7902371d7d.jpg
I'm interested in that pillar you have supporting the L-n-L.  Any details?

Link Posted: 8/12/2010 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:Anyways- let's follow-up offline, I'd love to hear more of your feedback-

Why not just do it here?
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#39]
The pedestal plans are available in PDF here:
http://ultimatereloader.com/?p=826

RE: RCBS feedback- you guys are welcome to post feedback on this thread, but it may be more effective/efficient to post a summary and point to updated posts/videos. Either way guys, just want to keep this thread relatively clean/tidy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Got it!  I went back to your Hornady page and finally found the link.  Now i just need to find someone to do some welding for me...
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:Anyways- let's follow-up offline, I'd love to hear more of your feedback-

Why not just do it here?

While I agree that here, on this thread is not the place to talk about RCBS or APS specifically, I'd rather do it in an open thread where others can benefit from info that can help those who use or who might be contemplating an RCBS system.  

A couple of months ago, I posted feedback on the Ultimate Reloader site itself, about the APS primer system, shown incorrectly used in the video, and not only got no response from Gavin, he erased it.  I didn't think that was too objective, but maybe he had a good reason.  It certainly was not a hostile post, just a friendly correction. (yup, Gavin that was me. )

Concerning fairness and objectivity, consider Gavin's picture:

Neither the Dillon or the Hornady come with collators.  They are expensive extras.  Wouldn't the picture be more objective, showing the RCBS with it's optional bullet collator?  Either that or all the machines without options?

The Hornady wins the overall height award,  the Dillon wins the overall press casting size. So...that shows what, Aluminum castings require more material to be as strong as a cast iron press, mostly.  Ok, Gavin, I'm done.

I need to add that I think Gavin's site and his intentions are awesome...just needs some tweaking...and this lesson on objectivity.  Nothing personal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#42]
GWhis- Not trying to ignore you (I don't delete posts, I have to manaully approve every one, and my spam filters don't always work (and I don't always keep up with the flow, etc). Recent stats: "3,151 spams caught".

Let me know specifically where you think the APS coverage needs improvement/clarification and I'll address. If you PM me your #, I'd love to call you to pick your brain about your experiences with this press.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Why are we talking about primers like they're made of fail and AIDS? Is touching them really that bad? The APS system just looks like a pain in the ass to me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Why are we talking about primers like they're made of fail and AIDS? Is touching them really that bad? The APS system just looks like a pain in the ass to me.

I dunno, it looks a far sight faster than putting each primer in a pickup tube... I'm still deciding whether to keep priming on my LnL or just use my hand-primers, just because of how long it take to fill up the tube, I think my RCBS universal hand primer is actually faster.

That said, I don't have a case feeder yet, I'm sure I will be priming on the press all the time once I have a case-feeder on there... that should really speed things up.

Link Posted: 8/12/2010 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
GWhis- Not trying to ignore you (I don't delete posts, I have to manaully approve every one, and my spam filters don't always work (and I don't always keep up with the flow, etc). Recent stats: "3,151 spams caught".

Let me know specifically where you think the APS coverage needs improvement/clarification and I'll address. If you PM me your #, I'd love to call you to pick your brain about your experiences with this press.

After my post, it appeared but said something like "pending approval".  I assume it was waiting for your "manual approval"  After a day or so it disappeared, which made it obvious it wasn't approved.  Anybody would take that as "you can comment as long as it is positive."  But I'll accept your explanation.  Lets move on.

APS improvements to consider:  
   The Pro 2000 operates as follows....
   1.  Down Stroke of the Handle during which the primer strip advances one primer while the shell plate is rising to push the cases into the dies.
   2.  Up Stroke of the Handle returns the shell plate to the beginning and the Handle to the top and indexes the shell plate.  Continuing the handle past the top executes the Forward  Stroke.
   3.  Forward Stroke of the Handle (pushing the handle toward the bench, raises a primer and seats it into a case, by lowering the shell plate over the primer rod.  

As you found out (demonstrated), you can "test" the priming system by executing 1, 2, 3, a few times.  The primer rod dutifully raises a primer onto its tip each time.  Trouble is, as you also found out (also demonstrated), if you do this 3 times you'll find 3 primers sitting on your primer rod, one on top of another.  OOPS!  Now you've got to do something with the primers you lifted, because the primer rod can't return a primer to the strip any more than a Dillon can return one to the tube.

Also, and this is important, when you "click" a primer strip into place, it is ready to insert the first primer into the case sitting in station one. You don't stroke the handle first like you did in the video. If you do, then you have primer # 1 on the floor or somewhere or worse jamming the shell plate.  Look at 1,2,3 above again.  Down stroke advances the primer and sizes the case in station 1.  Upstroke returns the case to the bottom and indexes it to station 2 (over the primer rod)  Forward stroke seats primer 1 into case 1....thats it.

In your videos you continued the Up Stroke past the top, executing the Forward Stroke even when you weren't priming a case (as in the test run of one case through the 5 stations).  That would cause a primers to be ejected from the strip each time to fall into the shell plate, or onto the floor...unless you only had one primer in the strip set to prime the one shell.  If you had only one primer in the strip you needed to explain that....and even so forward movement of the handle would only be executed after the 1st upstroke after sizing the one shell.  Continuing the Forward stroke each time is confusing, and might cause frustration to anybody copying you. (who had a fully loaded primer strip)

You probably figured that out on you own after the first vid, and so tried to not raise primers.  This is where one of the few APS flaws can cause heart burn when you first try using the Pro 2000.  You see, if you allow the press handle to go even a little past the top (toward executing the Forward Stroke) you make a high primer in the strip which jams the strip and has surely caused all the hate among APS noobies who are patience challenged when learning a new system.  They try to force things and things break.  I admit this is a weakness and so does RCBS, but the fix is simple.  Push the primer back down with a flat round object that just fits into the primer hole in the shell plate. I've used the base of a .223 bullet, or the small end of an appropriately sized hex wrench....or a wood dowel...or a bolt.  Anyway push it back down and the strip pulls right out, or advances normally.
This is only a problem when you don't have a case above, to prime each time.

There are times when I want don't want to prime a particular case (maybe I have a couple already primed and I don't want to remove the primer strip upsetting my momentum). I found that I can do that and not raise a primer in the strip, by putting something under the shell plate to prevent it from lowering onto the primer rod.  Also to prevent the primer strip from indexing, I made This.  (or you can stick a shaped Popsicle stick in there to stop the indexing)  I also made a simple part to stop the down movement of the shellholder described above...and will post it next week in a new thread.

Keep in mind that this is the first incarnation of this new system.  With a tiny bit of patience with the learning curve it can really perform.  I envision strips evolving into APS Rolls of 1000 primers...

Answering DoubleARon, when you learn the system, there's nothing faster and less trouble.  First, consider being able to buy primers for nearly the same price already loaded into strips and you have them in stock in every size and type ready to load.  Then consider changing from one primer size to another just involves unscrewing the primer rod and screwing in the other size, 10 to 15 seconds. Then click a strip in and go.  There is no other primer system that approaches that in speed.  Then consider that even if you can't find the stripped primers you want...say you want to use Wolf....you can load a box of 100 into strips in about the same time as pecking a 100 primers into a tube.  But tube users can buy a vibration loader...true, but how many of you have them.  Also aps users can load primers for an hour or two watching TV and then store them for months or years if you want...safely.  Plus there is never a possibility to blow up a whole tube of primers.

Gavin, I hope I've made a point or two that is worth including in your videos.  I didn't intend to write a book in your thread, but I have to go to Colorado for a few days and won't be near computers or phones.  When you redo the misleading RCBS videos, I will erase this post, as there will be no reason to defend anything. I will edit the RCBS thread in the tacked "Interesting threads" thread and include pictures and instructions on making the simple part I use to prevent high primers.  It uses a few things from home depot...probably 5 to 10 bucks worth...unless you have it on hand like I did.

The reason for this post is that Gavin asked for the info and tonight (in the middle of the night) is the only time I have to give it to you.  If there are mistakes here...what do you expect from an idiot who posts at nearly 2 in the morning.

BTW, I accept that the Pro 2000 loads pistol bullets slower than a Dillon or even a Lee (when its working),,,and a Hornady too....if they have case feeders cranked up.  That difference will be miniscule when I get my pistol bullet feeder....ah, but you say, the RCBS bullet feeder works on your presses too.  Just proves RCBS thinks only of profits and not Pro 2000 bragging rights.  On the other side of that.  I'm not all that sure fully automating cases AND bullets is not an accident waiting to happen...these aren't commercial production machines.   Way more opportunity for operator error.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 7:30:04 AM EDT
[#46]
GWhis- thanks for taking the time to write this up. I've read it once, and will revisit before I shoot another Pro-2000 video (have been saving the "overview" until I do more individual videos so that it can give better info).

I searched my email and comment query and did not find anything with "APS" and "Pro 2000" so I'm not sure what happened. I don't erase fair criticism, and I also don't approve "rants", or "buy X! and not Y!" (if there's no *why*, then what's the point of posting?)

I'll look forward to your separate thread- please PM me with the link.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno, it looks a far sight faster than putting each primer in a pickup tube... I'm still deciding whether to keep priming on my LnL or just use my hand-primers, just because of how long it take to fill up the tube, I think my RCBS universal hand primer is actually faster.

That said, I don't have a case feeder yet, I'm sure I will be priming on the press all the time once I have a case-feeder on there... that should really speed things up.

Seriously? It doesn't take that much time. When I do larger batches I load 5 (actually 6 b/c I dump the first one) and I don't think it takes more than 10-15 minutes and I am in no hurry. I see no reason at all to prime by hand when using a progressive. It is so much faster to do it on the machine b/c you are performing other operations at the same time.

If you want to speed up the process of priming the tubes use a flipper tray with a lid. Get the primers set all the same way with the tray and then put the lid on it and flip it. The one I use is an RCBS. If you have one but w/o a lid use a piece of thin cardboard or index card type stock.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm still not convinced. I also don't like that the press will keep squirting out primers even if there's not a case to pick one up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 6:09:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm still not convinced. I also don't like that the press will keep squirting out primers even if there's not a case to pick one up.

On a Hornady L-n-L, if the primer on the slide isn't seated (as in there's no case there for it to be seated into), it just stays in the slide.  Nothing gets "squirted out."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top