Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2010 6:22:34 PM EDT
I am totally new to knives, but I just bought a Boker Subcom and really like it.

I like that the blade is so short that it will be legal anywhere.

But that it is a serious blade and the handle is easy to get a grip on.

So I did a little research and found out about the Spyderco Lava designed by the same guy

It has a short fat leaf shaped blade

So I got one of those.

Now im wanting more along the same line.  a short fat bladed folding knife.

Seams wierd, but big long knives don't interest me.

and little bitty knives don't interest me.

Any recomendations?  
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Benchmade 755
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the Spyderco Captain

Link Posted: 5/18/2010 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]
How about the Emerson CQC 14 Snubby?
LINK
Link Posted: 5/19/2010 4:54:41 AM EDT
[#4]
People seem to love the Boker Subcoms and the Trance.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2010 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#5]
howling rat little mischief from swamp rat HRLM . Forget the spyderco captain its a very odd shaped blade, I had one for a while and got rid of it stick with the conventional stuff, there is a reason most blades have a similar shape.

edit: sorry didnt know you wanted a folder....in that case the emerson snubby, 2.7" blade is really nice and useful.
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Benchmade 755

A huge +1. I got mine recently and it is amazing. It replaced my XM-18 as my EDC if that gives you an idea of how much I like it.

Blade is under 3". I highly recommend this one.
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea thats a nice knife.

Expensive, but Im going to save up.

Benchmade 755 MPR
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yea thats a nice knife.
Expensive, but Im going to save up.
Benchmade 755 MPR

Great choice!! I have carried many "custom" folders that cost several times more than the 755 including Chris Reeves, Striders and Hinderers. The MPR is going to be in my pocket for a while to come. It is a fantastic knife for the money. It really makes me wish I had an original Sibert, but the Benchmade version seems to be a very close replica. I am incredibly happy with this knife. Solid as a fixed blade when open but the frame lock will still disengage easily when you push on it. Sharp out of the box. Handle fills the hand nicely and the top of the blade is comfortable for your thumb when extra pressure is needed. Only time will tell how the new steel will hold up, but so far I am impressed with the edge.

Link Posted: 5/22/2010 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I went and ordered it at Knifeworks.com

They advertise it at $199 but have a discount code for online ordering that makes the price much lower.

When I saw the final price I had to pull the trigger and complete the order.

So its on the way.

JD Thanks for all the great pictures.

Link Posted: 5/23/2010 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#10]
You're welcome. Glad I could help you find a knife. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have so far.
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 2:13:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Now that I have had the Benchmade 755 for a month or so, Im totally happy with it.

This knife will probably last me a lifetime. The materials and craftmanship are top notch.

I can't emaging ever getting a better knife.

So why do I now want to get an Emerson CQC-14?
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top