User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2009 3:44:08 PM EDT
A new offering from Swamp Rat:  the M9LE.  Satin finish, G10
handles and a Zero Edge, steel is SR101, approx blade length is 9",
with stock thickness of approx 1/4". Cost is $248.95 (plus regular
shipping charges)
. The order window will be open for 3-4 weeks, and they will start shipping in about 4 weeks.  More info:
http://www.swampratknifeworks.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=006581#000002

Link Posted: 2/14/2009 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I'm there...
Link Posted: 2/14/2009 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 6:10:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up.

No problem!  My order is in.

Link Posted: 2/15/2009 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I can not make my mind up on this one.  The length is 9" and the grips don't look the most comfortable for chopping.  I am trying to figure out if this has any merits over a Scrap Yard Dog Father for a working blade?
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the Res C handle of the Dogfather is probably a bit more comfortable for chopping.  But the Dogfather is only available on the secondary market right now, and sporadically at best.
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Qick question.

I visited your site an i am interested in your knives.

The problem is I cant find any info on your different models.

Please help.

Link Posted: 2/17/2009 5:26:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Qick question.

I visited your site an i am interested in your knives.

The problem is I cant find any info on your different models.

Please help.

Not my site, not my knives.  I just posted the info.  Swamp Rat hasn't released a new knife in a while.  Like Scrapyard, they release them one model at a time, and every single model is a limited edition in that they'll take orders for a few weeks, and then ship all the orders, and then they won't make any more of them.  Then it will be a while before another release.  Swamp Rat's website is a pain.  They don't mention anything about prior knives they've issued as far as I could tell, last time I was on there.  You might want to visit the Busse Knives section of Bladeforums.com (under manufacturers), and post any questions there, or requests for pictures, info, etc., and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you out.  

Link Posted: 2/17/2009 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice!
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top