Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/12/2006 6:29:39 AM EDT
I had been carrying a sog flash II for a while and loved it, before that was a Kershaw. Both have gone down the same way: LOST.

I give up on buying a good knife for a pocket knife, tired of losing good ones and don't feel like shelling $50 out for a new SOG.

What's a good cheap pocket knife that keeps its edge?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#1]
If you really want something inexpensive, check out the Spyderco Native. Wal-Mart has just started selling them for the price of $39 bucks. They are usually close to $70 anywhere else. It totally outclasses anything else in that price range. I mean, a knife with CPM-S30V steel for under $40 bucks? How can you go wrong? It is an awesome little blade. You can only find them at select Wal-marts right now, so good luck. Heres some pics of mine:

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
i like the looks of that knife.  im gonna have to check around for that one
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Just piched up a Spyderco Endura II off Ebay. All stainless, VG10, half serrated. Great knife for $43. And probably one of the thinnest quality knives out there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Just bought that spyderco native for $40 at Wallyworld and I am very impressed. Its a stout, tough little knive that will be carried daily by me. Its also razor F-ing sharp so be careful. The S30V steel is some of the best out there and should hold an edge for a while. Not all Wallyworlds carry it right now as its only being tested in some stores. I had to drive about 40 miles round trip to find a test store. What I dont like about it is that it can't be disassembled and cleaned like my benchmade's, but my cheapest benchmade was about $100. For the money the native can't be beat though. Its an outstanding knife at an incredible price.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the "USA Earth" on that blade.

I finally decided on Benchmade - bought 2 551s and 1 556.

When you say "cheap" - here's one:  Schrade 50T.  I've been using them as a work knife for years.  They cost $20 at Wally World.

Unfortunately, they went out of business

I scarfed up 3 from Ebay shortly after I heard the news.  They last a coupla years.  When they're gone...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#6]
i just checked on of my local walmarts.  they dont sell any spyderco knives
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just bought that spyderco native for $40 at Wallyworld and I am very impressed. Its a stout, tough little knive that will be carried daily by me. Its also razor F-ing sharp so be careful. The S30V steel is some of the best out there and should hold an edge for a while. Not all Wallyworlds carry it right now as its only being tested in some stores. I had to drive about 40 miles round trip to find a test store. What I dont like about it is that it can't be disassembled and cleaned like my benchmade's, but my cheapest benchmade was about $100. For the money the native can't be beat though. Its an outstanding knife at an incredible price.

Those Spyderco's do come sharp don't they!

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to check my local WMs now for the Spyderco natives.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Take the time and look for the WM Spyderco Native.  This is my new every day carry.  Sharp as hell and S30V for $40.  It is the perfect size in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you really want something inexpensive, check out the Spyderco Native. Wal-Mart has just started selling them for the price of $39 bucks. They are usually close to $70 anywhere else. It totally outclasses anything else in that price range. I mean, a knife with CPM-S30V steel for under $40 bucks? How can you go wrong? It is an awesome little blade. You can only find them at select Wal-marts right now, so good luck. Heres some pics of mine:

i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/lefthandblack50/native2.jpg
i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/lefthandblack50/native3.jpg
i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/lefthandblack50/native4.jpg
i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/lefthandblack50/native1.jpg

+1 I have the serrated version. I paid $50 2 weeks ago
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#11]
just checked at a different walmart.   39.95   in stock.  non serrated blade

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1

Also, check around for the Meerkat (out of production, but I got myself two from ... that other place online)

edit:  Paid $20 for each plus $5 shipping ($45 total)

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Also, check around for the Meerkat (out of production, but I got myself two from ... that other place online)

i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/danpass/meerkat.jpg

That other place online? How big is the meer kat?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/danpass/meerkat.jpg

That other place online? How big is the meer kat?

ebay .

With a clip () of .45ACP
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#15]
The Cold Steel Mini-Tanto II is a neat little knife.  Quite a bit smaller than a Flash II, slim and pretty easy to sharpen.

That SOG Flash II will be hard to beat, though!  I've had one for years and it is a great knife.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top