Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/18/2007 3:44:49 PM EDT
about getting replacement parts for the FS 2000 - holy shit!

I lost a bunch of parts for my FS 2000 including the hammer group - cleaning the rifle after a range day and I left a bunch of small parts on the bench - including the hammer group

So I call FN USA - speak to the commercial sales guy - says he will help me out... Never a call back after waiting several weeks and leaving several messages.

I call again today and speak to Bob in tech services. He proceeds to tell me he doesn't know if they will sell spares because people have been buying hammer groups to convert to full auto... I am almost speechless with this statement on many levels...

I call Browning US with the p/n for a replacement, am told by a lady that there are none and MAYBE they will have some in 4 - 6 months

so if I pay $250 and wait maybe my $2000 dollar rifle can live again

let the hilarity begin....
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#1]
FN isn't wanting to sell some of the FS2000 and PS90 parts.

Can U not compromise and send them your rifle, and they can replace the parts for you?
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I would be happy to send them my rifle to slap in a new hammer group... that was not offered as an option
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would be happy to send them my rifle to slap in a new hammer group... that was not offered as an option

Call again and ask.
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
I would be happy to send them my rifle to slap in a new hammer group... that was not offered as an optionNot much different than buying replacement parts.
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the warning,, I was thinking of buying a 5.7 , maybe not now..

One thing about DPMS , great customer service, too bad they dont make other stuff..
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Call Bob Ailes, the Customer Support Manager. I had a busted P90 mag and he replaced it in a couple days (and I got a hat).

I dunno about anybody else there, but Mr. Ailes is good to go. Ask to speak to him.
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Bob was not good to go today
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Call again and ask.

+1
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Dude, you left parts from your $2000 rifle on the bench at the range?  

Go check your car to make sure your kid isn't still buckled into the safety seat.
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You said you talked to a tech guy. Bob's customer support. Sure it was the same Bob?
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]
This is my biggest concern with FN.

Parts availability.

I own 3 FN's and with the exception of the HiPower it is damned near impossible to get friggin replacement parts.

VERY disappointing.

If what Heron163 said is true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't).... you've gotta FRIGGIN LOVE the fact that FN automatically assumes you plan to do something illegal with it.

That's just insulting and asinine.

Hell if that's the thought process, why stop there?
You might use it to rob a liquor store but that didn't stop them from selling it to you did it?

How long has this thing been out now? Almost 2 years? We just now got replacement fore-grips...
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#12]
except for weapons such as past U.S. Military(1903/M1 carbine/Garand/M14/AR15 the parts situation is kind of the same for most new designs from Ruger, HK, FN or anybody
else.....where are all the parts? they are using them to build the rifles comming off the line...there is no surplus of stuff just sitting around. Some companies like Ruger, strickly control spare parts making them the sole source. Need a new factory flash hider for that Govt Model Mini 14 "GB" your going to have to send the rifle in to the factory for replacement, and they keep the old one! This is nothing new at all.
In time there will be spares for the FS2000.

How did you manage to leave the guts of your rifle sitting at the range( without there being bullets plowing up the dirt around you or a medical emergency?) Something had to have distracted you quite a bit.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Let me begin by saying that FN is the best to deal with in my experience.

I had one of the 1st PS90's brought in and had fired ALOT of rounds through it. One day while shooting I noticed a different feel to the gun. I stopped firing and found that I had a Squib load and proceeded to fire a few rounds behind the squib. The jacket remained in the bore.

I called FN and spoke with Bob, who immediately sent me a call tag for the gun and also the remaining ammunition.

I sent bakt he gun and he forwarded a new model, black stock with USG sight,a hat, shirts, literature, a keychain, and a full case of ammo to replace the 450 rounds that I sent back.

They went so far above and beyond what would be typical. I used to be a diehard FN fan, now definitely moreso.
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I had to send over a dozen emails and make several phone calls before FN ever sent me a 2006 catalog. I'm trying to get a 2007 catalog and it is like pulling teeth.

When I had a problem with a mag, they replaced the mag but didn't include any literature, hats, etc... like everyone else seemed to have gotten. I can't complain too much because they solved my problem - but only after a few phone calls and days of waiting for them to inspect the mag.
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You said you talked to a tech guy. Bob's customer support. Sure it was the same Bob?

I will call again tomorrow but Bob was the guy they had me talk to.
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#16]
to clasky and pillbox...

first time field stripping the rifle/lack of familiarity/fatigue/distraction (cleaning four other weapons) were all factors - yes I feel - a $2000 dollar paperweight - I wonder if their product support could be this bad for the military - I hope not!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Good luck to you,

Maybe this will remind you to function check after ever reassembly in the future, however.
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Tagged because I want to see if FN customer service makes it right.
I was thinking about an FN handgun...was.
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 11:48:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Something just doesn't seem right here.  If you go on the 2 big FN forums everyone raves about FN's customer support.  There seem to be some issues with the FS2000 but they seem to be trying very hard to work with everyone to get the problems sorted out and keep happy customers.  I would also wonder how you missed putting the big white hunk of plastic that is the trigger group back in?  I am sorry but something is just plain wrong with this story.
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Something just doesn't seem right here.  If you go on the 2 big FN forums everyone raves about FN's customer support.  There seem to be some issues with the FS2000 but they seem to be trying very hard to work with everyone to get the problems sorted out and keep happy customers.  I would also wonder how you missed putting the big white hunk of plastic that is the trigger group back in?  I am sorry but something is just plain wrong with this story.

Yeah, I pretty much live and breathe FN and HK.  FN has always treated me incredibly well.  It would take a pretty good slap in the face to prevent me from remaining a die hard F'n fan of FN.

-Ben
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I pretty much live and breathe FN and HK.  FN has always treated me incredibly well.  It would take a pretty good slap in the face to prevent me from remaining a die hard F'n fan of FN.

-Ben

why don't you guys call FN USA and ask about replacement parts? and if you own a FS 2000, you could see how the hammer assembly could be missed and w.o function test, the rifle appear complete

btw, I have never had a problem with replacement parts for HK but if you have a P7K3, you might be holding on to a pretty expensive paperweight
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Ben

why don't you guys call FN USA and ask about replacement parts? and if you own a FS 2000, you could see how the hammer assembly could be missed and w.o function test, the rifle appear complete

btw, I have never had a problem with replacement parts for HK but if you have a P7K3, you might be holding on to a pretty expensive paperweight
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#23]
If i was FN, a red light would go off in my head too if someone said they left their fire control group at the range Well, actually it SCREAMS suspicion. Now having said that, I think all the spare parts should be readily available. WTF are you taking your rifle apart for at the range, and HTF did you forget half of it? Seriously, I'd be a bit suspicious as well. FN seems to have no issues fixing legit issues, but I'm sure it will take some serious convincing before they believe your story. Send em the rifle, I'm sure eventually, with enough squeaking, they'll grease your wheel.
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#24]
I have nothing but good things to say about FN's customer service.
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
about getting replacement parts for the FS 2000 - holy shit!

I lost a bunch of parts for my FS 2000 including the hammer group - cleaning the rifle after a range day and I left a bunch of small parts on the bench - including the hammer group

How the fuck does that happen?  This does sound fishy
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If i was FN, a red light would go off in my head too if someone said they left their fire control group at the range Well, actually it SCREAMS suspicion.

Suspicious? If I want to order 87 semi-auto AR15 fire control groups, Bushmaster, Olympic or CMT will do their best to accomodate me without asking why I need them.
And why shouldn't they, if I pay for them? I tend to have several sets of spares on hand for every firearm type I own.

What the hell, you guys sound like Dianne Feinstein...it's none of anybody's damn business how many legal spare parts I have. If I want to order a dumptruck full, I should be limited only by my funds and their inventory, without anybody questioning why I want them. All gun manufacturers I buy from are more than happy to take my money without questioning my motives. If they didn't, I wouldn't buy from them.

I'm very interested in how this turns out for that reason.

Link Posted: 9/20/2007 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Have you contacted your range officers to see if you pack got turned in. I for one would be leaving flyers everywhere on that range with reward $$ posted for the parts to be returned unaltered. I will call FN tomorrow and see if I have better luck with the parts guys. Hell it couldn't hurt.
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If i was FN, a red light would go off in my head too if someone said they left their fire control group at the range Well, actually it SCREAMS suspicion.

Suspicious? If I want to order 87 semi-auto AR15 fire control groups, Bushmaster, Olympic or CMT will do their best to accomodate me without asking why I need them.
And why shouldn't they, if I pay for them?

What the hell, you guys sound like Dianne Feinstein...it's none of anybody's damn business how many legal spare parts I have. If want to order a dumptruck full, I should be limited only by funds and inventory.

Did ya read the rest of the post before trying to look like a jackass?  I said i thought they should sell any part to anybody. Such a story though reeks of mischief to me, and a company like FN that somehow just got authorization to import these rifles is probably pretty damn particular about keeping that privilege. If parts availability is a concern, then you can cross off FN, HK, Beretta, and about every other high end foriegn manufaturer off the list right now.

Besides, who the hell else is bringing modern military rifles to the US market? Uhh, thats right, nobody. So if there's a glitch here or there along the way, and they are watching their 6 pretty closely, I really have no problems with it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I wonder if there is a difference between sending back a broken part for replacement and
just ordering a part such as a trigger pack etc.., with FN. If FN isn't going to even replace a broken part we all will wind up making our FN guns safe queens or just unloading them.

I think I'm going to call them with a few questions myself. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And why shouldn't they, if I pay for them?

What the hell, you guys sound like Dianne Feinstein...it's none of anybody's damn business how many legal spare parts I have. If want to order a dumptruck full, I should be limited only by funds and inventory.

Did ya read the rest of the post before trying to look like a jackass?  I said i thought they should sell any part to anybody. Such a story though reeks of mischief to me, and a company like FN that somehow just got authorization to import these rifles is probably pretty damn particular about keeping that privilege. If parts availability is a concern, then you can cross off FN, HK, Beretta, and about every other high end foriegn manufaturer off the list right now.

Besides, who the hell else is bringing modern military rifles to the US market? Uhh, thats right, nobody. So if there's a glitch here or there along the way, and they are watching their 6 pretty closely, I really have no problems with it.

I read it, and my statement stands. I see your post as implying that his story sounds fishy, and that FN may somehow be justified in denying the part, even though you think they should sell it to him...Having seen plenty of recruits lose their "Jesus pin" in the dirt over the years, I know that these things happen. Regardless, whether they just got an authorization or not, if he is not a known felon and he purchased their product, and he says needs the part and can pay for it, that should be enough, period, IMO. You are entitled to your opinion, as am I.

As far as being a jackass, I've been called far worse than that. Generally it meant I was doing my job.
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I read it, and my statement stands. Regardless, whether they just got an authorization or not, if he is not a known felon and he purchased their product, and he says needs the part and can pay for it, that should be enough, period,

Spot. Fucking. On.

"Ahh.........very curious citizen, the records indicate you have purchased two 10-round magazines for your AR-15 assault rifle. The manufacturer became very concerned and notified us so we've been sent to investigate why anyone would need more than one high-capacity magazine. Clearly you're deranged and must be planning on shooting up an elementary school or mall. I'm afraid you'll need to come with us for questioning....."

Can you imagine the hue and cry if Bushmaster wouldn't sell you a replacement part?

"Harrumph...harrumph!!...but but butt....[sputter!] they just have to be concerned about their liability...HARRUMPH!!"

pffffffffffftttttttttttttttt.

Ridiculous nonsense.
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#32]
I just want to shoot my rifle!

having a 2K weapon deadlined because of a missing part is

what if I didn't lose the part and it was just defective - would we be having the same conversation?
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
FN isn't wanting to sell some of the FS2000 and PS90 parts.

Can U not compromise and send them your rifle, and they can replace the parts for you?

I'd recommend NOT doing that unless you are absolutely on your last straw.

I sent them my limited production SX2 and got back something with a different SN# that looked like it was assembled from spare parts.

-Frank
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 6:46:50 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I just want to shoot my rifle!

having a 2K weapon deadlined because of a missing part is

what if I didn't lose the part and it was just defective - would we be having the same conversation?

The point is, it is none of their business why you want a legal part.
They should either sell it to you, or not.

If they won't, that is their option, but the news will get around the gun-buying community quickly and will affect their sales, for all but collectors who rarely discharge their weapons. Parts support is key unless it is a throwaway gun like my P64, which has zero parts support (short of cannibilizing another).

I certainly hope this is a misunderstanding. I have always valued the FNH products I have owned and used.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I believe the original poster. Sometimes we all brainfart.

What bothers me here, as the owner of a few FNs , is that they wont sell you a replacement part at any price.

Short of buying another rifle , what are you supposed to do??!!??

It makes no sense for them not to have spares avaliable. It has been out for a while now , I have seen them sitting on shelves recently.

WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO NOW??!! I want to know from FN.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Ben

I will call tomorrow.  I do not own one yet, but will soon.  I have taken one apart a few times and I really do not believe that you can miss that big white chunk of plastic that is the trigger group.  If you were at a range with a few friends or even just strangers at the range the FS2000 will attrack attention.  It will attrack a lot of attention if you were taking it apart.  Somebody would notice the trigger group.  Right or wrong, I think FN thinks your story stinks.  I am going to call and reference this thread and see what they say.  This does affect me as I am planning on buying one too.  I also would think you might post this same question on the 2 FN forums.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I just emailed FN a link to this post and asked for a response.  I am still going to call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Ben

I will call tomorrow.  I do not own one yet, but will soon.  I have taken one apart a few times and I really do not believe that you can miss that big white chunk of plastic that is the trigger group.  If you were at a range with a few friends or even just strangers at the range the FS2000 will attrack attention.  It will attrack a lot of attention if you were taking it apart.  Somebody would notice the trigger group.  Right or wrong, I think FN thinks your story stinks.  I am going to call and reference this thread and see what they say.  This does affect me as I am planning on buying one too.  I also would think you might post this same question on the 2 FN forums.

a lot of speculation on your part - keep guessing

I will see what FN or specifically Bob has to say... ETA - tread lightly if you continue to suggest malfeasance on my part - it is a pretty serious charge
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 1:52:46 AM EDT
[#39]

I have taken one apart a few times and I really do not believe that you can miss that big white chunk of plastic that is the trigger group.  If you were at a range with a few friends or even just strangers at the range the FS2000 will attrack attention.  It will attrack a lot of attention if you were taking it apart.  Somebody would notice the trigger group.  Right or wrong,

I don't know about you, but I can fess up to leaving an entire M1 Garand at the range; I told my buddy to grab it, as I was carrying other stuff. We drove 45 mins home, no gun. He said he did, but he looked distracted. My screwup, depending on someone else...we drove back, gun was gone naturally. Range guy picked it up, saved it. Lectured me, and rightly so. Gave him a $40 reward, and vowed not to screw up like that again...never have.

So it's no big stretch to imagine that someone could leave a part out of the gun, especially if distracted.
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 6:40:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I have taken one apart a few times and I really do not believe that you can miss that big white chunk of plastic that is the trigger group.  If you were at a range with a few friends or even just strangers at the range the FS2000 will attrack attention.  It will attrack a lot of attention if you were taking it apart.  Somebody would notice the trigger group.  Right or wrong,

I don't know about you, but I can fess up to leaving an entire M1 Garand at the range; I told my buddy to grab it, as I was carrying other stuff. We drove 45 mins home, no gun. He said he did, but he looked distracted. My screwup, depending on someone else...we drove back, gun was gone naturally. Range guy picked it up, saved it. Lectured me, and rightly so. Gave him a $40 reward, and vowed not to screw up like that again...never have.

So it's no big stretch to imagine that someone could leave a part out of the gun, especially if distracted.

I forgot my range bag once. Big Mike's of Oregon affair, not easy to miss. Had 2 Sig pistols in it.
Wife had called and had locked herself and the kids out of the house during my range time, so I loaded the rifles in the car and took off half-cocked.
Fortunately the guy next to turned it in to the range shack, nothing missing.

it can happen....
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#41]
I talked with Bob at FN just now and he assured me that if the same thing happened to me that all I would have to do is send in my rifle and the hammer group would be replaced. Bob is now aware of this thread and is taking steps to clear up the bullshit. To everyone reading this I urge you to call FN and speak to Bob yourself instead of getting your information second hand. It will probably take a total of three minutes, less than the amount of time you sunk into reading this thread.
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#42]
I was just getting ready to post the Bob answered my email and we talked on the phone.  My original thoughts stand and I would not hesitate to buy one of these after talking with Bob.

and yes, he has been following this thread and the one I started on the FN forum linking to this thread
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 10:11:42 AM EDT
[#43]

Guys, thanks for talking to FN to get this cleared up.

This paticular situation has nothing to do with me, but as the owner of two FN firearms, I'm paying attention to the thread.

Link Posted: 9/24/2007 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I talked with Bob at FN just now and he assured me that if the same thing happened to me that all I would have to do is send in my rifle and the hammer group would be replaced.

So the guys who spoke to Bob.  Will FN sell spare parts?

I was thinking of buying one but will not if I can't have spares on hand.
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I talked with Bob at FN just now and he assured me that if the same thing happened to me that all I would have to do is send in my rifle and the hammer group would be replaced.

I remember talking to Bob on the phone, briefly, last year. I asked him about a flash hider removal. He was very polite and seemed to be willing to go out of his way for us shooters.

It is nice to have customer service people like him to deal with. I think he is on our side here.

Many feel as if the parts should be sold to anyone that wants them , and why not. The fact that you should have to send in your rifle to get a replacement part is just plain bad policy.

It is probably written somewhere in the manuel/warranty info papers that come with the rifles, but if not , it should be.

That policy will turn off alot of us AR guys,  long time shooters who like to tinker and fiddle and build stuff - and maybe occasionally break stuff.

So , to get it replaced by buying a new one , we have to send it to FN, tons of fun sending a firearm in the mail these days.
 That is inconvient , embarassing , and wrong.

They sell the rifles , they should darn well sell the spare parts.

Edited to add , I love my PS90 , and appreciate the fact that they do make some great stuff available to civillians.
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember talking to Bob on the phone, briefly, last year. I asked him about a flash hider removal. He was very polite and seemed to be willing to go out of his way for us shooters.

It is nice to have customer service people like him to deal with. I think he is on our side here.

Many feel as if the parts should be sold to anyone that wants them , and why not. The fact that you should have to send in your rifle to get a replacement part is just plain bad policy.

It is probably written somewhere in the manuel/warranty info papers that come with the rifles, but if not , it should be.

That policy will turn off alot of us AR guys,  long time shooters who like to tinker and fiddle and build stuff - and maybe occasionally break stuff.

So , to get it replaced by buying a new one , we have to send it to FN, tons of fun sending a firearm in the mail these days.

Edited to add , I love my PS90 , and appreciate the fact that they do make some great stuff available to civillians.

I agree with you about sending the rifle in, however, as long they make this known in some form of documentation to buyers, then it is a buyers decision. Don't like then policy, then don't buy. I guess it pays to read the fine print.

It's probably geared to prevent third party distribution of parts.
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with you about sending the rifle in, however, as long they make this known in some form of documentation to buyers, then it is a buyers decision. Don't like then policy, then don't buy. I guess it pays to read the fine print.

Is there somewhere one can download the manual/papers that would say no spare parts sales? Or is it haha, we got ya, we won't sell spare parts w/o sending the gun in ala Ruger? :)
It's probably geared to prevent third party distribution of parts.

Is there somewhere one can download the manual/papers that would say no spare parts sales BEFORE buying from them? Or is it haha, we got ya, we won't sell spare parts w/o sending the gun in ala Ruger? :)
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#48]
You can buy spare parts.  They do not have complete hammer groups available for sale.  If you did happen to break something in your hammer group that could be fixed no problem.  You can compare this issue to an AR all you want but it is an apples to oranges comparision.  The FN is a foreign made weapon and has more hoops it has to go through to even be here for us to buy.  Maybe if there weren't guys already in jail for trying to modify their FS hammer groups this might not be an issue.
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
You can buy spare parts.  They do not have complete hammer groups available for sale.  If you did happen to break something in your hammer group that could be fixed no problem.  You can compare this issue to an AR all you want but it is an apples to oranges comparision.  The FN is a foreign made weapon and has more hoops it has to go through to even be here for us to buy.  Maybe if there weren't guys already in jail for trying to modify their FS hammer groups this might not be an issue.

ya know, you have been trolling my thread for a bit now, adding absolutely nothing to it except your speculation and suggestions including that I am doing something against the law. I am trying to get the FS 2000 running as it is intended and legally. No one ever said you can't buy the hammer group = it is just not in stock for  4 - 6 months - call Browning USA and find out for yourself what is in stock and what is not along with price information. Call (800) 635 - 1321. The FS 2000 hammer group BTW is p/n BFS-2-0000-80. $251 + 6.50 shipping will get you one...

You are welcome to your opinions but as Bob at FN said, there have been some YouTube type videos of people firing what appeared to be full auto FS2000's. Maybe they were bump firing, maybe they were modified...  This publicity probably created some heat for FN. None of the reports of people arrested for "trying to modify" have been substantiated. Some of them were posted on this very board. Trying, convicting, and jailing for "Trying to modify" and actually converting a weapon to a functional full auto are not the same thing - if you have information proving otherwise, please post it or links that can be verified. Also look up "constructive intent".

The FS 2000 is not classified under s. 922 nor the '89 ban so comparisons with "assault weapons" are not valid. Negative publicity could cause BATFE to re-examine their classification (and import license). The above is my opinion...

I am still trying to get a call through to FN - you guys seem to have no problem getting through - Bob if you are closely following this thread, why don't you IM me with real answers to the question "Can you get the parts and do I have to send my rifle down to you?" At this point that is all I need to know...

Frustration with FN customer service prompted me to post the original statement with the intent of getting some suggestions and thank you for those did but damn "teh interweb" struck again serves me right I guess
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And why shouldn't they, if I pay for them? I tend to have several sets of spares on hand for every firearm type I own.

What the hell, you guys sound like Dianne Feinstein...it's none of anybody's damn business how many legal spare parts I have. If I want to order a dumptruck full, I should be limited only by my funds and their inventory, without anybody questioning why I want them. All gun manufacturers I buy from are more than happy to take my money without questioning my motives. If they didn't, I wouldn't buy from them.

I'm very interested in how this turns out for that reason.

Bushmaster, Olympic, CMT as well as RRA and DPMS are all in the parts business so of course they'll sell you all the parts you want.
To my knowledge FN isn't so you shouldn't expect them to especially for a product that is relatively new and imported.

Sending a rifle in for repair or replacement is a pain but typical and common with many companies.

Try calling Colt and tell them you left your 6920 FCG on the range bench and see what they do for you or better yet call Robinson Arms and tell them you need parts for a VEPR or an M96.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top