Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2006 6:06:29 PM EDT
Anyone have a link to this?  Can't seem to find the original post.
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 8:23:21 AM EDT
[#2]
wow, sounds like they don't want to make a definative answer on that one.
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually, it seems pretty clear.

They don't want to give a blanket when the blanket authorization could result in a weapon that fires full auto (even though it is highly unlikely).

The answer to me is really clear in the last portion.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as it doesn't allow the weapon to fire in full auto mode you are good to go. At least that is how I read it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As long as it doesn't allow the weapon to fire in full auto mode you are good to go. At least that is how I read it.
Same here.

Of course as I already own a RR, the point is somewhat moot.

Of course if Arfcom come out next year with a ET(RIP)H gold SEBR Memorial rifle I'll get one and SBR it.  Of course I'll be swapping Uppers with M16 Bolt Carriers inside so.....
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 10:47:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Heres the dope,

You can put a M16 bolt in an AR-15.  If you also have the other parts to make your AR-15 fire full auto you HAVE an illegal AR-15 even if they are not in the gun.

If I own a silencer it doesnt have to be on the gun for the gun to be an illegally silenced weapon.

If I own enough parts to cause my AR-15 to go full auto, at anytime, that is an illegal weapon.

If I legally own 1 M16 and 1 AR-15, I can not own extra parts for the M16 since they can be used to convert the AR-15.

Simply having 1 M16 bolt, and 1 AR-15 isnt against the law.  And I can install that 1 M16 bolt if I choose to.

If the Feds figure a way to cause the AR-15 to go full auto, INCLUDING dump firing, then I own an Illegal AR-15. Simply because I have a M16 bolt in it.  

Yes I know you dont need an M16 Bolt to Bump fire, but they will use the Dump fire to satisfy the law statng you own a weapon that fires full auto.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Heres the dope,

You can put a M16 bolt in an AR-15.  If you also have the other parts to make your AR-15 fire full auto you HAVE an illegal AR-15 even if they are not in the gun.

If I own a silencer it doesnt have to be on the gun for the gun to be an illegally silenced weapon.

If I own enough parts to cause my AR-15 to go full auto, at anytime, that is an illegal weapon.

If I legally own 1 M16 and 1 AR-15, I can not own extra parts for the M16 since they can be used to convert the AR-15.

Simply having 1 M16 bolt, and 1 AR-15 isnt against the law.  And I can install that 1 M16 bolt if I choose to.

If the Feds figure a way to cause the AR-15 to go full auto, INCLUDING dump firing, then I own an Illegal AR-15. Simply because I have a M16 bolt in it.  

Yes I know you dont need an M16 Bolt to Bump fire, but they will use the Dump fire to satisfy the law statng you own a weapon that fires full auto.

Good God!

This subject always brings out the GOOFBALLS!
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Heres the dope,

WTH is an "illegally silenced weapon"?

Link Posted: 10/20/2006 5:47:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Heres the dope,

Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top