Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2009 11:44:02 PM EDT
Anybody use SRT suppressors? Are SRT suppressors really as quiet as they say they are?  How do they really compare to other quality suppressors. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 6:28:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Doug is great to work with and will answer all your questions honestly.  ANd yes they are that good.  I've seen prettier cans, but none quieter .  You got to watch out when the other guys are telling you DB's of theirs and telling you to only shoot a certain bullet.  They are porting it so much you are loosing alot of velocity so you might as well be shooting a pellet gun.  Doug's have some of the highest velocities and reliability as far a functioning with most all ammo used.
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an integral SRT 9mm AR15.  Stupid quiet.  Easily the quietest 9mm can I've ever heard (all other things being constant).  I also have a Trident 9, Evo 9, and a local company's can.  The only 9mm I have heard that is close is an Evo 9 with the Triad 3-lug adapter on an MP5.
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Does SRT have a dealer list or do you deal directly with SRT?
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I dealt directly with SRT.
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#5]
The AR 45 SRT integeral is quieter dry than my AR 9mm with the Trident dry and sount like a supressed 22 when wet.
I'am so impressed with the 45 that SRT is now doing a 9mm integral for me.

TC SRT 44 mag integral
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Does SRT have a dealer list or do you deal directly with SRT?

They don't do dealer pricing, and most guys buy direct.  That said, there is a nice dude named Jim Self in Dallas who stocks a lot of SRT.  He has to mark them up, but you don't wait as long.

I am a very very happy SRT customer.  Doug's stuff truly is as good as they say.  You will not be unhappy with his work.  He's a pretty helpful guy; shoot him an email.

ETA: What specifically are you looking to have suppressed?

Link Posted: 5/5/2009 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I want to suppress a 10.5" AR15 (5.56 x 45) with either a Hurricane or Hurricane XL
and a 12.5" AR10 (7.62 x 51) with either a Shadow or Shadow XL.

I originally was looking at AAC. Ops Inc is out because of their over the barrel mounting system. Then I started researching SRT and I am liking what I see.

My top priorities:

1) Find the most quiet suppressor possible (I know, SBR's and quiet is not a homogeneous mixture).
2) Find the best built suppressor that will hold up on an SBR the best.
3) Best suppressor for elimination of muzzleflash.
4) Screw on attachment (no fast-attach).
5) I can sacrifice some weight and length to obtain priorities 1 thru 3.
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I want to suppress a 10.5" AR15 (5.56 x 45) with either a Hurricane or Hurricane XL

and a 12.5" AR10 (7.62 x 51) with either a Shadow or Shadow XL.

I originally was looking at AAC. Ops Inc is out because of their over the barrel mounting system. Then I started researching SRT and I am liking what I see.

My top priorities:

1) Find the most quiet suppressor possible (I know, SBR's and quiet is not a homogeneous mixture).

2) Find the best built suppressor that will hold up on an SBR the best.

3) Best suppressor for elimination of muzzleflash.

4) Screw on attachment (no fast-attach).

5) I can sacrifice some weight and length to obtain priorities 1 thru 3.

I really think where SRT shines is with the integrals, but that's not to say that his muzzle cans aren't any good –– just that I think there are a lot of good competing offerings there.  That being said, the Shadow XL is on my wish list.

Link Posted: 5/5/2009 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Ruger MkII integral suppressor 7.8" (I think) and with subsonic ammo, it's quieter than a pellet gun. I have a Cheyenne XXL pending. I found Doug great to work with––prompt with emails and answers.

I think you'll like his work.
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Doug is one of the best I have ever talked to about suppressors, he tells it like it is. You will not regret buying his products.

10" SBR with Typhoon very quiet with subsonic rounds. Quiet with standard rounds, I use an indoor range to fire standard rounds with no EP and not even the slightest ringing when I'm done. 100% QUALITY!!

Link Posted: 5/5/2009 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Doug is a good guy to work with and his suppressors are top notch. I love my 9mm AR upper. I just need to get a 45 upper to send to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfbhZuFlzXQ

Link Posted: 5/6/2009 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I sent my Browning Buckmark barrel to SRT. It's just as quiet
as my Warlock/Ruger 22/77 setup, which for a pistol is badass!
Doug does great work and is easy to deal with.
His products are worth every penny!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top