Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2009 7:30:58 AM EDT
timeline:

9/15 - request YHM stainless phantom 556 (2 mounts) be ordered and my c3 paid
1/28 - my c3 gets serial# so we can send in paperwork (I'd already had CLEO signoff/etc done to be ready)
1/29 - paperwork priority to BATFE
1/31 - paperwork arrives BATFE
2/3 - check clears
4/6 - pending

now...I know the pending date because of the phone call I just had.
decided to call and check status, as prior forms had been substantially quicker, even though I know how backed up they are.  politely ask gentleman at help desk status.  he says I went pending 4/6 but there's another notation on there and need to talk to my examiner as there's a second entry for my item.  WTF?  politely ask to speak to my examiner if available.  examiner is available and very helpful.  advises that he's about to approve mine, but sees another entry come in with the same serial number as my can.  MF, WTF?!?!  said that since there was two submissions for same serial number, obviously one cannot go thru and he needed to talk to my c3 dealer about it.  he was going to suggest that mine be the one to go thru since I'd been pending for more than 2 weeks and the other forms hadnt actually made it to his desk and he didnt expect to see them for weeks.  thanked examiner for his time and help.  wrote a fairly direct/stern but professional email to my c3 as its my assumption its an honest mistake.  waiting to hear back.

sorry, had to vent a little

7 months.....no can.  sheesh.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Hope it works out OK for you.

If I were the C3 I would be very nervious about the BATFE and how they may suddenly examine what he's doing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Could just as easily be YHM's problem. For all you know, they gave another C3 your serial number and the paperwork was sent in without even having the can in hand. I agree that it's a crock but it might not be your guys fault. Some dealers try to speed up the process by filling in the S.N. on the paperwork and submitting before the can is in their shop.

Ultimately, I hope it all works out and the S.N. on your form belongs to the can at your C3.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#3]
*update*

got a return email from my guy.  very apologetic.

seems he got two YHM cans in on the same day.  one was my 556, the other was a 762 with a 'custom' (his words) 556 mount and was labeled as such on the box.  he wasnt paying attention enough and swapped the two, thinking 'what does is matter, they're the same ones'.
mine's the wrong one.  meaning, the serial number I've submitted is for the 762 can, NOT my 556 can.

so apparently the examiner is pulling my forms and sending to him today.  he's to change the serial# to the correct one and send back.  examiner said he'd immediately approve (guess cuz I was already 'approved') and get back out same day.  10-14 days he says.

so hopefully it'll work itself out and quickly.  I can see how it happens, but dammit.....just pisses me off.

my guy fully admits his mistake and offered to waive next transfer fee.

interesting note by examiner:  "this kind of thing happens at least once a week with one of us"

and still I sit........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top