Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2007 10:20:42 AM EDT
As I wait for all the paperwork to process for a converted USC to UMP, I am wondering what you all think is the best route to go for a suppressor.  I am looking for a can that will fit the UMP lugged barrel.  The options seem to be Gemtech and AAC.  I see B&T makes one as well.

Here's what I have heard.  The B&T is not all that impressive on a UMP due to barrel length.  Also, I haven't seen a B&T for sale.  As for the Gemtech, I have one on my AR45 but it is their threaded version.  I like the suppressor, but have no other .45 to compare it to.  I have heard that the UMP quick mount on the Gemtech is a POS.  I've seen a photo of the quick mount all messed up.  As for the AAC, I have read that it is a fair suppressor.  My question is, how do these three suppressors rate out, particularly their mounting systems.  Additionally, if you know of other suppressors that will fit the UMP barrel profile, please share.

TIA  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top