Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2002 6:45:09 PM EDT
I have a Romainian SAR 2 with what has to be the worse case of trigger slap ever. What causes this, and more importantly, how do you fix it? I've seen it discussed before, but never heard how to fix it. It's actually painful to shoot...
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Due to the sometimes indifferent US internals used in the SAR series the disconnector will impact the trigger as the bolt carrier moves back during the recoil cycle causing the sometimes painful trigger slap.
There are several cures:
1) Install a US-made stockset (like K-Var's black polymer) so you can legally replace the US trigger & disconnector w/Romanian AK-74 originals from Tennessee Guns ($20). That's what I've done with my SAR-2s.
2) Grind off a *small* amount of material from the bottom back of the disconnector until it no longer impacts the trigger during the recoil cycle.
3) Install a better quality set of US internals.
HTH, keep us posted...
Tomac
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! I have a Romanian trigger and disconnector, as well as a U.S. made handguard set now all I need is the stock. I wasn't sure if this was a problem with the U.S. parts or just the way these guns are, as none of my other AK's have this problem. I've already had people tell me to just put a short length of rubber tubing over the trigger to cushion it, but that didn't seem like the best solution.

Thanks again!  
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Try the AK-47.net site.  Look under Romanian AKs section...there are several links (with photos) of fixes for trigger slap.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top