Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2002 8:08:57 AM EDT
I have been using the standard GI issue loaders for my mags, but want to try something different.  Is the Bushmaster speedloader any good?  Are there any other types out there?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#1]
By far the best AR mag speedloader available is the one made by the Beta Co. (of C-Mag fame) that utilizes standard 10 round GI strippers.  They can be had from Ruben @ www.dealernfa.com.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one, it is handy and faster than loading mags by hand but I have some gripes:
1. I wish the loader was spring loaded, so when all 20 rounds are shoved in the mag the handle would return to the top of the loader.  I'd load the rounds in the loader just to find out the handle is on the bottom.
2. When the lid/top of the loader is closed, it should force the rounds to seat all the way on the bottom so they're lined up properly. Often the rounds stick out a bit and can't be pushed down into the mag until reseated in the loader.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]

I was thinking about getting a couple myself.

Thanks Duffy.
BTW, these are the ones you're talking about ~ right?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#4]
1, the longer one is what I have, not sure what the shorter one is for, mabye .308?  Armalite also markets one but it's made of metal, it's in their catalog, I didn't see it on their web site, from what I can see it doesn't have a spring loaded handle either.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#5]

The ones in the pic are Cammenga loaders. The longer one takes 20 loose rounds and the shorter one does 10 rnd stripper clips (nice).

I don't think Bushampster makes the one they are selling.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
By far the best AR mag speedloader available is the one made by the Beta Co. (of C-Mag fame) that utilizes standard 10 round GI strippers.  They can be had from Ruben @ www.dealernfa.com.

I second the recommendation for the Beta loader.

Francisco
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I second the recommendation for the Beta loader.

Francisco

I... uh.... third the recommendation for hte Beta loader. Can also be had at www.botachtactical.com. But I'd recommend ordering it from Ruben at the above mentioned URL. Botach's customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Ruben's does not. He delivers as promised.

If you are looking for a loose ammo loader then the ones Bushy has are good. I have one too. But if you want the ultimate in speed (although it takes time to load stripper clips) the Beta's are the way to go. They work on regular 30 rounders, not just Beta's. And the plunger handle has a little magnet on the end that pulls out the empty stripper clip so you are ready to toss the next one in. You can load 30 round mags in under 10 seconds this way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top