Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2002 1:08:57 PM EDT
Am contemplating purchasing this pistol; I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts and/or experience with it?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had the fullsize USP .45 for several years and was looking for a compact. I rented one several times to try it out and last november I bought one from one of our fellow members. I absolutely love this gun !!! It fits my hand like a glove and is a joy to shoot.
I highly recommend getting one. I tried several other compacts by other makers and none even came close IMO. For whatever reason, I shoot better with it than I do my fullsize.
SPECTRE
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the compact 40, it is one of my favorite guns.
I have shot the .45c and like it also.
I went for the 40 because you get a few more shots, plus you can put a .357sig barrel in and have another caliber
Hope this helps
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
My father has a 40c and he loves it.  Its a great shooter, never had any problems.  I am contimplating picking up a 45c myself.  Anyone have one thats used and have some kind of layaway plan?
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Sitting Bull:
Am contemplating purchasing this pistol; I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts and/or experience with it?  Thanks.

I love mine, and in fact have several pistols that are gathering dust since the "little" HK came to live with me. It's reliable, Fun as all heck to shoot, and is quite simply my favorite of any pistol I've ever owned. It's fairly concealable, although others are easier to carry...But, I like the reliability and the power, so I don't mind the size. It eats caviar ammo (CorBon) and crap ammo (Blazer) with the same gusto, and in over 3000 rounds I have not been able to make it malfunction. The only modification I recommend is to add a Hogue Handall Slipover grip. I highly recommend this pistol. Good Luck.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a good handgun. I own both the 40C and 45C and in some ways I like the 45C better because it doesn't beat on my wrists as bad. But the 40C is great too. Nice size, looks cool, and reliable as hell.

But I also have a 45F and a Mark 23, so hell, I like them all.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought the first one of these that made it to my local dealers shelves after reading a review and I would never, never sell this gun.  It is truly a gem.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I own a USPc .45 too.

I don't own a better pistol. I love the Walther P99 in .40, but have to give the edge to my USPc.45. It just shoots and feels great.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I was supposed to get my full size today but due to FedEx screwing up I have to wait till Monday  Anyone feel sorry for me?  This will be the second full size HK that I have owned.  The first was the USP40F which I regretably sold.  Now I'm replacing it with the 45F.  Lesson learned, never sell a functioning firearm you'll surely regret it.  Next trick, trying to come up with the money for the USP45c.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:20:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a .45C in SS and a .45F in HE. The C is much snappier than the F.

I like the .45C and carry it alot. However, it is heavy, bulky, and the best way to carry it is a shoulder holster.

A commander sized 1911 is thinner, lighter and has the same capacity.

Of all the handguns I own, the .45C is the one I question why I have. I is too big and heavy to carry in any other manner than a shoulder holster. In a shoulder holster I can conceal a .45F as easily.

Dont get me wrong - I like the weapon as a shooter. However as a concealed carry gun - I am not as impressed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#10]
i own one, i love it, carry it every day

buy it
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Gee, you guys sure do make this decision easy.  Guess I gotta get dressed and get my butt down to the gun store and get it before someone else reads all of your comments and buys it first.  Thanks everybody.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I too own a 45C S/S & use it for carry. It's never once jammed on me & regularly out-shoots anything else on the range. I'll never sell it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top