Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2002 8:32:13 PM EDT
I'm a newbie as far as AR's go so bear with me. Well I was trying to sight my gun in usin that Santose 50m method.I got the small aperture on the rear sight flipped up and inserted 1/16 allen wrench in the exposed hole turned it clock wise about one turn and now my elevation wheel is locked about half a click  behind 8/3 and the hole is not there anymore. Can anyone help me with this. I really wanted to zero my gun this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Although I have never used the Santose Zero there is good site that gives a detailed instruction on the Santose Zero. Try communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite

No Slack!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Same thing as Matthew posted.

communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/homepage.msnw

These Maryland guys are pretty passionate about their AR's, and they've got a LOT of good info on their site.

Good luck
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The problem is that my elevation wheel is stuck now and it won't budge? what should I do.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 1:09:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm Guessing that the detent on the elevation wheel is nothing more than a spring with a check ball on the top of it. Sounds to me like the spring/ball has worked it's way out of alignment.
Have you tried taking the windage adjustment off? On my Bushy, one side of the windage is a knob, the other side, a flathead screw. 'IF' your brave you might try disassembling it and see what you can find underneath it.

If not, then I'd try sending it back to the manufacturer for some warranty work.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:15:48 AM EDT
[#6]
... turned it clock wise about one turn ...

1.  The instructions clearly state to loosen  the Allen screw 3 full turns and leave the  wrench in the screw.....

2.  Complete disassembly of the sight may be necessary to fix this,
instructions are in old.ar15.com/books/TM9-1005-319-23.pdf  Take your time and catch all the springs and ball detents which will pop out.

3.  The zeroing is done at 50 yards, not 50 meters.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:40:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
... turned it clock wise about one turn ...

1.  The instructions clearly state to loosen  the Allen screw 3 full turns and leave the  wrench in the screw.....

2.  Complete disassembly of the sight may be necessary to fix this,
instructions are in old.ar15.com/books/TM9-1005-319-23.pdf  Take your time and catch all the springs and ball detents which will pop out.

3.  The zeroing is done at 50 yards, not 50 meters.

-- Chuck

LOL...straight from the man. I love this web site!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top