Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2002 4:43:11 PM EDT
I tried finding out about this at milsurpshooter.net but couldnt find anything.

Did the Spaniards start bending the bolt handles at some point...what year?

I have one with a straight bolt handle and love it. Saw a nice one with the bent style at the gun store and thought it would be a nice twin.
I just want to make sure that the bent style is not just something the previous owner did.  

It was the Spanish armorers, correct?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure it was an FR8 and not the converted small ring spanish Mauser?
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#2]
All the FR-8's had a straight bolt handle.  The FR-7, which is visually identical (same flash hider, sights, "gas tube", etc.), but based on the much weaker 95 action, all had bent bolt handles.  If the rifle is indeed a FR-8 (it will say "FR-8" or "FR-7" on the receiver), then odds are somebody bent it.  

Ross
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
It did indeed say "FR-8". Somebody must have bent it. Guess I'll look for something else.  There was a nice Yugo M48 8mm...

Thanks anyway!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top