Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2002 7:30:44 PM EDT
Anybody have one and are they still made?

I'm selling off some guns I dont use much and simplifying by getting rid of some calibers. I plan to buy a couple new 22's. I want a Takedown 22 and heard the Papoose is more reliable than the Henry AR7 clone.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I've also wondered if the Papoose is still made because of the reliability concerns with the AR7 as I know of a store that has one. I believe they're asking $229 or $279 and if I find out that they're no longer available I'm going to go ahead and buy it. I've heard a lot of good things about the Papoose, and Marlin in general. Anyone else know if Marlin is still making them?
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats funny that you would ask about the Papoose.  We just got done talking about it in the break room during lunch break.  The couple guys that have them love em.  I will have to see what they paid for them.

Scott

Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Might try and check your local Sports Authority. They have then for $199. The local one here in Central Cali has at least 4 of em that I know of.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm selling off some guns I dont use much and simplifying by getting rid of some calibers. I plan to buy a couple new 22's. I want a Takedown 22 and heard the Papoose is more reliable than the Henry AR7 clone.

And you can get Gemtech (www.gem-tech.com) to make you an integrally suppressed barrel for it and just swap barrels for quiet fun.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:39:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one when they first came out, along with two Ramline 25 round mags.  Great little rifle!  Very accurate, and I have never had any problems with reliability.  It lives in my truck and goes just about everywhere I do.  Get one--you'll like it!
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I see new ones still in the stores.....go to marlin`s website to see if they are still making them........
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have a Henry AR-7 I keep with my camping supplies. It is a certified POS. However, it does takedown into a smaller pkg than the papoose.

Have you considered the 10/22 stock that had a mechanism in the forearm that locks the barrel to the receiver? The forearm folds around under the mag well and the barrel can be removed. I think a speciality barrel is included with the stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top