Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2002 11:02:23 AM EDT
bear with me here because I don't known anything about handgun competitions just seen some on tv but when you see the guys shooting the multiple silluotes how far away are they. Tommorow I am going out into the woods for some plinking and I want to know how far out I should set the "bad guys" out. Does anyone know of any webpages which show any of these courses?
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#2]
The longest targets I've encountered in an IDPA course have been approx. 20-25 yards.  Most steel is kept under 15 yards.

Libertas an Mortis!
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys I am just trying to get a feel for it, what do the steel targets do, fall down if you hit them in the right area?
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#5]
www.uspsa.org
This is IPSC in the USA
It's FUN !
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
so would that IPSC have something  that a begginer could go to?
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Most any club will be glad to give the Newbie a nice welcome and get you started.  The best way to start is just --- start.  Go to USPSA.org and there is a club finder to find a place to shoot near where you live.  

If you are practicing in the woods, work on moving from left to right while keeping your gun pointed down range and finger off the trigger -- most important safety rule.  Once you get in the habit of moving like this you dont even think about it anymore.

GO shoot and have fun.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#8]
The best advice I can give is go find a gun club and watch. Check out the USPSA website and use the club locator as stated.
Beware it can be addicting!
Steve
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Where in Cali are you? If you are near the Sacramento area or Bay Area, email me and I can tell you some ranges with IPSC and IDPA.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:44:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Watching other people shoot a match is like kissing your sister.  Find a local club, call the contact guy, gather up enough ammo & a holster & go to a match.  Jump right in.  They'll welcome you with open arms and probably have a short safety course for you.  After that, they'll walk you through a couple of short courses and then you're off & running.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top