Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2002 4:42:41 AM EDT

I bought this about a 1-1/2 years ago. In the Ruger catalog they have a model similar to this listed as KMK-678GC. On my paperwork and on the factory label it is listed as a KMK-678GCL.

The differences are the GC has checkered grips where as the GCL has smooth grips and a gold colored (plated??) trigger.

Does anyone have any info on this??

Oh, I forgot to add that this also has the ORIGINAL red Ruger logo on the grips.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:12:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one with the following:

2" heavy barrel
shiny Blued finish
thumbrest wood grips w/logo
gold trigger

Ruger made a batch of these guns for an outfit out east, and my local gun shop picked them up from Ruger after the outfit reneged on the order.  From what I understand, ruger will make this pistol in all kinds of configurations and colors on request.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By Boom Stick:

2" heavy barrel
shiny Blued finish
gold trigger

Ruger made a batch of these guns for an outfit out east, and my local gun shop picked them up from Ruger after the outfit reneged on the order.  From what I understand, ruger will make this pistol in all kinds of configurations and colors on request.

For these guns do they issue them a different model number? (E.g.- KMK-678GC versus KMK-678GCL)
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:55:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By Boom Stick:

2" heavy barrel
shiny Blued finish
gold trigger

The barrel is only 2" long?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#4]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I think Ruger introduce a limited ed. with taper blued 4" barral and a red med. grip.

I think its 50 or 25 year of MKII
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe the RED Ruger crest was brought back to commemorate the death of one of the partners. The "L" may be "limited"

I have the same slab-side without gold trigger, checkered grips, and blk Ruger crest
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#7]
All of Ruger's guns are "limited production"...that is, they are limited to the maximum number they can produce!!!

All joking aside, Ruger does make a number of variations as stated.  Your barrel/grip combination is somewhat unique, I don't know if I have ever seen both together.  Then again, I am not an expert on Ruger's guns.

Either way, that's a beauty...and you should experience many years of shooting with that.  I love .22LR guns as they're a load of fun to shoot and CHEAP to buy ammo.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#8]
]www.ruger-firearms.com/hgpages/kmk678gc.html]

]www.gunblast.com/Ruger_50th.htm]

I could not find anything on a limited edition slab-side Mark II.

"Alex Sturm himself, who was a student of heraldry, originally designed Ruger’s distinctive trademark “phoenix” logo, and at the company’s inception the grip medallions featured a red phoenix. Upon Sturm’s untimely death in 1950, Ruger ordered that henceforth the grip medallions would no longer feature a red phoenix, in memory of his friend and business partner. The medallions were initially changed to feature a black phoenix, and over the years a silver phoenix on a black background became the standard. The 50th Anniversary Model invokes the spirit of the original medallions by featuring a silver phoenix on a red background. This logo is also set into the bottom of the two magazines that are included with each gun (nice touch, Ruger!).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top