Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2002 6:39:30 PM EDT
Check out the review at www.cruffler.com it sounds good!
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow!  They love the damn thing!  And 1,000 rounds with no malfs.  Sign me up.

Worthwhile article, also the best pics I've seen of a rifle that few of us have seen in person to date.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#2]
About as good as a review gets.

Coming soon to a Gun Store near you will be a family of uppers and barrels for the AR-180B.

And the AR-180 !!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't have a chrome lined barrel or even bore?  Isn't that kinda a bad thing???  Early M16s ran into problems with that didn't they?

Looks great anyway though, I think I'll get one assuming they really do hit mass production and not some lame limited production run like it feels like so far...

BTW, I kinda think the rifle looks pretty darn good, certainly not some ugly bastard like the reviewer thought it was...
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:14:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

BTW, I kinda think the rifle looks pretty darn good, certainly not some ugly bastard like the reviewer thought it was...

I think to most of us Evil Black Rifles lovers it looks pretty good.  Now if you're into choice banna tree stocks............

Link Posted: 1/6/2002 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh boy, another toy.  I wonder, does my wife really need a late model car?  Hmmm...
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oh boy, another toy.  I wonder, does my wife really need a late model car?  Hmmm...

"No."

(Check your state laws.  It may be illegal for her to own one !)

Link Posted: 1/6/2002 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It doesn't have a chrome lined barrel or even bore?  Isn't that kinda a bad thing???  Early M16s ran into problems with that didn't they?

Looks great anyway though, I think I'll get one assuming they really do hit mass production and not some lame limited production run like it feels like so far...

Not necessarily.  The chrome lining does help some, but if you are not in the jungle or swamp and not firing full auto, it is not significant.  Also, a chrome moly barrel is more accurate that a chrome lined.  Go read the review, it addresses this very thing.

The review itself is at www.cruffler.com/review-January-02.html

There is another post about this in the AR10 and AR180 forum.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Where is the AR180 Forum?

-=Bob
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Where is the AR180 Forum?

-=Bob

Click on "forums" and then go all the way to the bottom under "equipment."
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#10]
A word of caution, one good review doesn't make it a great product.  But, hey I'm gonna put my name on the waiting list.  It sort of looks like a Dawoo.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top