Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2002 4:07:29 PM EDT
I'm wondering.
What's worth more, a preban Colt SP1, or a Preban purple Bushmaster.
I've got both and don't intend to sell either, but I'm curious, all other parts/ uppers, being equal, which is worth more, more desirable ?
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You're gonna get some mixed replies here. I would say the Bushmaster would be easier to sell and you'll get more for it. Just they way things have been going on the EE...
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]
For the Bushie is what I would pay more $$$$$$$$$$$$
GG
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#3]
SP1.  No question.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
For the Bushie is what I would pay more $$$$$$$$$$$$
GG

Even if it's PURPLE?
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Gotta go with the SP1 (of course, I'm pretty partial to Colt).  Got one manufactured in 1966, and for the sheer nostalgia of it I can't think of much short of impending foreclosure on my house that I would part with it for.  Got a pre-ban Bushie, too.  Not as old as my SP1, but nevertheless a treasure in my eyes.

Cloak-

Edited to say that I changed my mind...I would rather live in a refrigerator box than get rid of my SP1.      
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's My Colt:

Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#7]
So Derek, who put the delta slipring on dat ting?  And what happened to the beloved screw on the front receiver pin?
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So Derek, who put the delta slipring on dat ting?  And what happened to the beloved screw on the front receiver pin?

I put the new style Delta ring on it when I replaced the barrel.
The screw has been replaced by a DPMS pin, I got it from www.brownells.com ,   it's great.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#9]
So the front pin will push and pull as God and Gene Stoner intended?  Sounds like a worthwhile investment.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So the front pin will push and pull as God and Gene Stoner intended?  Sounds like a worthwhile investment.

Yeah, kinda, it's not "captive" like a real M16, or Bushmaster, etc..when you push it out, it comes all the way out.
But it eliminates the 2 screwdriver SP1 syndrome.
this is what it looks like:
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/oak%2D01.asp
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I would say it depends on the year of manufacture of the SP1. The earlier ones will usually fetch more $$, even more if it's a shorty. Your Bushmaster shorty would bring more $$ than a 70's or 80's SP1 (except for shorties) & since your SP1 is a later one I would say that your Bushy is worth more.  

cloak-n-carbine - I have a mint unfired 1965 SP1 that I will never part with either!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Especially because it's purple.  With all the colored stocks out now I could make the "Phatest Pimp gun."
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#13]
im going to say the sp1 becouse people pay more becouse its a colt
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#15]
i gess iyam insaaaaane, den .

Coltshorty...might your 1965 SP1, well, be a.....Coltshorty .  But seriously, that's cool.  Must be a pretty low SN...I'm jealous.

Cloak-

Edited to tell Coltshorty that I'm REALLY jealous, as I just re-read your post and saw the, "mint, unfired" part that I must have missed the first time I read it due to my insanity....
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I've always thought that you had to be a bit insane in order to maintain your sanity!!

Cloak- Oh how I wish I had an early "ColtShorty"!!! Especially one as mint as my '65'. I know what you mean about the jealousy thing, I traded a buddy of mine an M1A for it. When he first got it I practically drooled all over it!! He didn't have to ask me twice if I wanted to trade!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#17]
There must be a lot of insane AR-15 owners.

You newbies fail to realize is little as 5 years ago you couldn’t
give away a non Colt AR-15, preban or otherwise.

The market dictates $, not your personal opnion.

R/K
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Coltshorty, I need to find some friends like that, that's what I call true friendship.  If he has anymore gems like your SP1, send him my way, I've got a NIB M1A that, as much as I like M1As, I would happily part with in order to make a deal like you did!  I can always get another M1A, but guns like the one you've got are not too easy to come by.  BTW, if your nick is any indication, you share my fanaticism for Colt's ARs.  There's just something about that little horsie that does it for me.  Happy shooting!

Cloak-  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top