Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2002 3:42:35 AM EDT
Hello,
    I'm looking for a company to supply a good G3 parts kit.  In addition to that, I am also in search of a decent reciever.  Can anybody point me to a few websites?
Personal recommendations are encouraged.

--Thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:26:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Tapco,AIM,FAC
cpermd
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:46:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I built one from a FAC parts set and aluminum reciever. I have to say, don't plan on saving money by building one your self. I'm not to happy with the the condition of the parts set or the way it goes together. If I was to do it over I'd use a better parts set (more expensive)and a stamped reciever. Had to send it back to FAC after I put it together because the bolt would not open unless you hit the cocking handle with the heal of your shoe. They had to replaced the rollers in the locking piece. And UPS damaged it on the return trip. I wouldn't buy a parts set from FAC but I would buy one of there stamped recievers.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:48:37 AM EDT
[#3]
In fact, I'm looking for not only a G3, but a G1 FAL as well.  The complete kit with the exception of the reciever of course.

Interordnance.com has the complete kit, is it the lower reciever I need to make it 100% operational?

www.interordnance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=INTERORDNANCE.com&Product_Code=G3a3-hs
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#4]
A SKSGuy send me an e-mail.
I might have some extra parts for you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a G3 parts gun with a receiver by Federal & have been very happy with it. I have been told to steer clear of the Hesse receivers. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I got an excellent condition parts kit from interordnance earlier last year.  If you want quality, IO is the way to go.  everything I got was in great shape, including the barrel.  the furniture that came with the kit was brand new in green.  for 320 dollars, it is a good buy.

As far as the receiver, i got a FMP for 320 while it was still in stock, right now I think harry at www.h-ssales.com, he still have them at 420 dollars a piece, or at least it is still advertised on his web site.   Harry is a good man, I got my receiver from him awhile back.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#8]
FAC receiver is a good product, it has been used by many to build a quality rifle, but i got to tell you, that receiver is ugly, and I mean ugly.  if you can get pass the look, FAC receiver was even used to build the last batch of Springfield SAR8.  Did I mention it is ugly??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top