Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2002 10:59:40 AM EDT
Have not heard anything of late.  Just wondering if anyone know what is going on with Ares Defense since that last post of the gun showing up at a expo in Florida??  I thought it was a feasible project with good engineering, but since the prototype, no one has seen any actual product.  I don't mind waiting, but can somebody at least shade some light??  dose anyone from ARES read this fourm??  I have 3000 M249 links looking for a home.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
It's still alive, but stuck in the prototype stages ... Ares picked up a couple of rush military contracts for other stuff, and they are busy with those. Military hasn't bit on the Shrike yet, so without a fat advance contract to fund the final development costs, the project has to take a back seat. It's Geoff Herring's pet and he works on it when he has time.

In the meantime, keep preparing. I'm up to 5,000+ new links, a dozen SAW boxes, plus starter tabs, SAW box carriers, etc.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you seen the new SAW box, which holds two hundred rounds??  I wonder if I can purchase those.  I got about five 100 round box and  starter tab.  After reading your post, i wonder if i got enough.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Just my .02$ I think Aries is making them and stiking them in a warehouse I also think Robarm is doing the same for the belt fed M96 kits. The reason why is when they come out they want plenty of supply since they will be banned in a matter of hours. Just my thinking.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody got a web page for ARES?

I have this one but it has not worked for some time. www.usit.com/ares/
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#5]
www.aresdefense.com

It is not up yet, and it has been like this for awhile now.  

I guess I got to be patient.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]
On the SAW boxes, I dunno. I've only seen one size and haven't linked up any ammo yet to see how much it takes. The ones I have are the asymetrical green plastic boxes, same as the ones Ares used in the pix of the tripod-mounted prototype. If they only hold 100 rounds each, I'd better get some more .... gotta have 3k rounds boxed and ready to go for Y3K, assuming the Shrike ships by then.

"Sorry, Geoff.... No, really, I'm still a believer! ... I'll wait! ... Please don't take me off the list!"
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 12:59:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Those green boxes for linked 5.56 hold 200 rounds. There are also some smaller bags made from cordura that hold 100 rounds. Thats what the Army gives out anyway.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 2:14:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone have a pic of the Shrike Belt Fed Car? If so please post it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 3:37:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Heres a pic:

While it seems like a pretty good idea, I wonder about cookoffs with the closed bolt.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 3:58:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been on thier email list for a long time and haven't received an update for a very long time.

My understanding is that everyone is having problems making them function.  Whenenever they are demo'd, they are shown with a pile of brass and a pile of links.  Never firing on demand.

Why do you think that the pile of brass and links came from THAT gun?
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Will they be sold as an upper?  If so, how much?

What is the barrel length, diameter, twist, and are they available w/o suppressor?

I would like a 20" post-ban fluted.  Stainless.  Plastic lower.  Can it be done?
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
On the SAW boxes, I dunno. I've only seen one size and haven't linked up any ammo yet to see how much it takes. The ones I have are the asymetrical green plastic boxes, same as the ones Ares used in the pix of the tripod-mounted prototype. If they only hold 100 rounds each, I'd better get some more .... gotta have 3k rounds boxed and ready to go for Y3K, assuming the Shrike ships by then.

"Sorry, Geoff.... No, really, I'm still a believer! ... I'll wait! ... Please don't take me off the list!"

you mean y10k
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I kep waiting until the day my shrike is at my door step, but until then, I guess I need to buy three more beta drum.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top