Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2002 2:43:22 AM EDT
I have a Ar-15 I got the kit from JT dist. Its a great gun but there is no way in this world I can shoot I without any protection. Yes common sence says to wear ear plugs, but if what if it was needed in a situation and ear plugs was not practicle? This gun is so loud it will ring your bell. It is a 16" version of this with the same built on brake
http://webcats.net/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=J&Product_Code=AR411&Category_Code=BU
Now is there any other brake brake I can get that will soften the noise?Legally?
I noticed they have a 16 commando with the 5.5 flashider is that post band? If so if I had to buy another upper is the 5.5 softer in noise?
Any ideas is appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:15:24 AM EDT
[#1]
There is nothing you can buy to lessen the noise without it being a suppressor. You could put a 20" barrel on it, but that is about it.

I suggest you just practice with it with hearing protection and if you are ever in a situation where you need to use it for your protection, I guarantee you won't be bothered by the report. Just ask a million guys out of Vietnam.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 3:22:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Well im use to noise, 36 yrs old hundreds of concerts,been in a band myself, work constuction , been shooting most of my life anything that goes bang,served in the Army and I tell you after mt New years brewhaha my ears still hurt (bad)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top