Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 3:40:29 PM EDT
I've looked everywhere on the 'net, but I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for.  What is the depth of penetration in calibrated 10% ballistic gelatin of a .22LR hollow point?

Anybody?
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!

And Damn! That's a lot deeper than I thought it would be.  Crap!  I was gonna do a mini test on my patio with some gel I made...but I didn't make it long enough.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
My solid lead match bullets (1080 fps) went through 6 inches of wet phonebook.I have 10 deformed .22 bullets in a plastic bag along with a .44 special 200gr stopped after going through a milk jug.It bounced off a tree stump.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Twenty-two hollowpoints come in many flavors.  Are you thinking of high velocity HPs like CCI Stingers or low velocity HPs like PMC Moderators?
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I was planning on using some American Eagle 38gr Hi V that I had.  This is gonna be totally unscientific for now, but I needed to know if my gelatin was working the way is should.  That's why I created a small mould.  I had planned on using some .32ACP silvertip of Gold dot, as they only penetrate about 7", but I couldn't find any today.  The gun stores were closed, and no other retail store sold HP .32....it was all ball ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top