Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2001 7:17:35 PM EDT
i just gave a friend of mine an extra computer i had laying around, a p2-450 w/a keyboard, mouse & 3d video card, which i got from work, but put the video card in. the value should be a few hundred +. he offered me his s&w model 39, for the computer, which he's had for years but can't have more than a couple hundred rounds throught it being he doesn't belong to a range & has only been to one twice w/me. any opinions on this gun would be appreciated.
thanks
pat
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, the first gun I ever bought was a Md 39-2. Many fond memories. I would believe the 39 will hold what's left of it's value more than a pII. Mine was 100% and pretty slim. I actually saw one in a gun shop the other day and thought about buying it for old times sakes, doubt that would ever happen to a pII.

Bill
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Dude, the first gun I ever bought was a Md 39-2. Many fond memories. I would believe the 39 will hold what's left of it's value more than a pII. Mine was 100% and pretty slim. I actually saw one in a gun shop the other day and thought about buying it for old times sakes, doubt that would ever happen to a pII.

Bill

Who in the hell do you think you are???? How did you read my mind???? For real, it was my first pistol also. I regret selling it. It also was the first and last gun I ever sold. Boo Hoo!!
GG
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The Model 39 was the first auto pistol that I ever fired.  It's a real gem of a shooter and I can't say that I've ever enjoyed another S&W auto product as much.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Carried one for years when I was a cop in Jersey. They are surely low-tech, but they work well, and hold up pretty well too. Sounds like you ought to grab it.
Frank N.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
thank you guys....i'll grab it. the price is surely right.

thanks again
pat
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I want my s&w 39 back. still have pearl grips for my next one.

Link Posted: 12/31/2001 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#7]
not ythe first gun i ever owned but other than a revolver it was probably the most reliable--i remember i had a bunch of shells with exposed lead on the end and my highpower had messed them up--you know what i mean smeared the noses--pushed the bullets back in the cases--ect....anyway loaded up two mags of messed up bullets and the 39 would shoot them as fast as i could pull the trigger......found a beat up used one a while back for 125 and it now resides at my daughers house--don't stop by her house with ill intentions or you may get shot.....Dick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top