Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2001 5:24:01 AM EDT
I have some questions about the Mossberg 9200A1.  This is a special version of Mossberg's model 9200 12 gauge semiauto shotgun that was built for military use.

1) What's a fair price for one in very good condition?

2) Will buttstocks made for the 9200 fit the 9200A1?

3) Does anyone make a magazine extension for it?
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:26:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Renamed....9200-"jungle gun" is some where around 425 new dealer price.......I believe mossberg has discontinued 9200 series...so some closeouts may be around.....as far as the stock...it will fit as far as I know....but I would e-mail mossberg to confirm.....there ARE extensions available...look in brownell`s..at least 2 different manufacturers....I bought a 9200 a couple years back...and was leary because someone (supposedly in the "know") told me they were bad news..I liked the gun and the price was right....the dealer assured me and even let me fire it......so far...it has passed every test I gave it.....and dropped 2 deer...I love it...am holding off on the 11-87 idea...only because i like this gun so much..actually,it will probably last me the rest of my life....actually, I probably will get another 9200....and wanted to get an a1..if I can find one...I`m assuming you already know the difference between the a1 and other models.....personally, I can only say...go for it....of course...you are going to get all the cynics...and they will tell you we`re crazy.....I sure made a decent investment in mine...good luck...B&G
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, B&G.

The major differences between the A1 and the original 9200 are, so far as I know, a simplified gas system and a heavy barrel.  I expect that the 9200A1 also has a metal safety button and trigger guard.

I already have a 9200 and it's a fine shotgun, at least by my standards.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 6:26:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Choate makes mag extensions for the Mossberg M9200 & the older M5500 semiautoshotguns.  My M5500 currently has the 10 shot mag on it now.  Not real quick to swing but lays down an impressive hail of lead.  Any buttstock made for the M5500/M9200 should work. As for reasonable price I haven't a clue Re the M9200.  I only paid $125 for my M5500 (flea market) in good condition (scratched stock, cracked forearm but mechanically OK).  After ordering a replacement forearm from Havlin Sales (http://www.havlinsales.com/) it's been good to go, other than me reinstalling the gas system wrong.....
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a feeling that a bad reputation of mossy autos in general has led to poor sales and resultant product line being dropped....boy they could`nt convince me........Vic Havlin....pres of mossberg collectors....festus mo.......my 9200 came with a lifetime warranty..???..what`s to worry about?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top