Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2001 3:31:03 PM EDT
First off, I am posting this here because it is one of the few places where I discuss the site I was trying to put up.  Basically there are only 3 places on the web I have my www.ar50.com....coming soon signature.  So logic would dictate the culprit is nearby...

I hope you don't mind GB, I am just trying to find out what's going on.  If my post violates the terms here, toast it.  

I attempt to connect to my site a few days ago...Hmmm no server?
Try to open a online trouble ticket with the hosting folks...Domain not found???

Eventually I get ahold of someone who actually has some common sense(it sure get's old telling the same story to a dozen different poeple!).
It appears someone called in posing as me and cancelled the account.
There are some jucier parts of the actions of said individual, but the only part I wish to disclose here is that they called posing as me and closed the account with the hosting service.  So now the hosting company is trying to figure what's going on and I have to cancel the credit card it was on, contact the police in Houston and Spokane.  Basically a cluster F right before X-Mas

So here's the deal...

I will offer a reward of $5000 to ANY ONE PERSON who knows the identity of the perp.
If you have any information into the matter regarding www.ar50.com you can send email to [email protected] I know that I butt heads with more than a few people here from time to time.  After all my name is AR50Troll (thanks Garandman for the idea!)  
But I have never taken my ramblings into the realm of the real world, like this person apparently did.

Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
IT WAS FRANK THE SPANK.  HE DID IT.

Please send me my 5Gs.  

No, seriously, sorry to hear about the problem.  I hate having to deal with this kind of shit.  Good luck, man.

Shooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top