Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2001 5:16:21 AM EDT
Don't read more into that than you should!

I just bought her a new Bushmaster and a nice rack to hang it above her bed (what innuendo). And as I looked out the bedroom window I noticed her house backed up to the school playground. Her house is less than a thousand yards from an elementary school and less than 100 feet from school property. Is she in violation of that 1,000 foot from any school law. Are the thugs going to show up on her property and take her new toy?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:31:01 AM EDT
[#1]
The federal version of that stupid law was declared unconstitutional a couple of years ago.  If you have a local state law or muni ordinance it potentially is a problem but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.  There probably is some sort of exemption for people who actually live within a certain distance of a school.

I hope she doesn't leave the rifle up there all the time in plain view of some twerp/crook passing by and peering in the window.  That would be her/your real problem.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Every time I open one of these threads referring to new bushy's, used bushy's - one guy really had me interested when he posted about a purple bushy - then I find you guys talking about guns.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:56:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
looked out the bedroom window I noticed her house backed up to the school playground.

remind her to close the drapes before undressing, ok?.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 6:33:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input. I'm checking local ordinances just to be sure.

The weapon is not viewable from the exterior of the house.

And, her son who attends the school in question had not been doing great in his history class (I guess he's been listening to me tell him about what really happened as opposed to how they want you to think things happened), until she decided to leave her drapes up when she changed. She's a nurse and strips for extra money (in fact, she makes more stripping but is devoted to helping releive suffering - guess that's why she's dated me this long). All of a sudden Brian started doing well in history.

Turns out Mr. XYX has an office on the top floor of the school opposite her bedroom. He claims the telescope in his office is for astronomy. Hey, I thought he taught history?

Gotta marry this girl some day. Gotta resign my commission some day too. Have we won the war on terrorism yet? Oh well, all things come in due time.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice gift!  But what about a gun safe?
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#6]
What was wrong with her old bushy?  Did she shave it?
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#7]
First, what good is a gun safe when you need access. The rack on the wall is attached to the studs and a cable lock runs through both the weapon and rack. More to stop the young one from pulling it down to play "cowboy and indians"

Regarding the last tasteless comment, "would'nt you like ta' know".

I think if you read the early portion on the thread, the answer is obvious.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"I noticed her house backed up to the school playground"
Thanks

Just put it in DRIVE and roll the "house" a few blocks.  Eh, uuuhh, hey Beavis, he said Bushy...
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Still seems pretty easy to steal, I guess, being so visible and all (once you're in the house).  You don't need it if you're not at home, why not put it in a safe then?

Oh well. Hope you and yours enjoy yours and hers!

Link Posted: 12/21/2001 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#10]
If it was me, I'd try to arrange to be standing there in the window, looking back through a large pair of binoculars the next time she was "changing" with the drapes open.

Link Posted: 12/22/2001 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Those school laws can't preempt homeowner's rights with legal products.  A drug free zone cant prevent her from taking medicines.

You need to lock up the rifle or parts for common sense then don't worry about the school.

Link Posted: 12/22/2001 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Momma-has-got-a-brand-new......bushy.
I think that is part of a song ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top