Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2001 7:29:41 PM EDT
well, i guess the stock is pretty obvious, but what about the fore grip? i want to put on a speed feed set. the buttstock seems simple enough, but i have no idea how to get the foregrip off. any tips would be great.

thanks
matt
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:28:18 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC:

Move foregrip halfway back to open the action. Unscrew & remove barrel nut, then pull the barrel assembly from receiver & then unscrew the foregrip nut, then remove the foregrip.  
I think that's it.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 6:09:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I think coltshorty almost got it, but there are two levers you have to push to get the pump forend off on the 870. They are on each side of the magazine loading area. Push the plate up, press on these "levers" on each side, and pull the slide forward. (After taking off the foregrip nut and removing barrel)
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 6:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
You'll need a to purchase, borrow, or fabricate a forend wrench to remove the nut that holds the forend on.  It is u-shaped and allows you to unscrew the forend nut.  Once the forend nut is removed the procedure posted by entropy will get the forend off.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Found a link for you.

www.remingtonle.com/support/prtsvc/870_om.html#Disassem

I've never used any kinda wrench to get the nut off the foreend, mine just loosens by hand.

Link Posted: 12/21/2001 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#5]
1. Use a old belt and channel locks.  Wrap the the belt around the nut, then use the chanel locks on top of the belt to lossen the nut. The nut will loosen counter-clock wise.

2. Use a butter knife and work the spring cap off. You will put a little pressure up on the cap and it will walk out of the tub. Work both sides of the slot.  Remeber that the cap is holding the spring and will fly across the room if not retained by your hand.

3. Rack the slide half way cocked. The barrel will come off.  Move the slide forward, and reach into the bottom of the receiver and push in on the two lever springs(opposing sides). The slide will now move forward of the receiver and will have the bolt still on the slide bars.

4. Using a foream nut tool, you will spin the forarm nut counter-clock wise to remove the forearm from the slide tube.  Remember that when you tighen the new forarm on to the slide you center it with the two slide bars or it will rub on the barrel.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
To remove my forearm nut I just cut a small piece of steel that fit inside the forearm then clamped it in my bench vice.  hold the gun pointed downwards onto the metal piece.  Line up the slots and turn away..

Took a bit to figure out but now its easy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#7]
You do not need to remove the metal slide bars from the bolt to change the forend as others have suggested. As stormbringer said you can easily fabricate a simple tool to remove the slotted forearm nut. E-mail me and I will send you a drawing of this tool and some armorer’s instructions.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#8]
shooter505, The bolt sits on top of the slide bars and lifts off the bars. The bolt is lifted off to gain room to remove the forearm nut .

Did you mean to say that the "slide bars" do not need to be removed fron the forearm slide tube in order to remove the forearm nut?  If so, then that would be really hard due to the tube and slide tube are one piece.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top