Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2001 8:06:37 PM EDT
another post here was talking about mag wells &c.  for xmas, i wanna buy my bud some magazines but this holiday straps me! the plastics (30rd.) are inexpensive and i have heard no bad things about them.  unfortunately, i heard they wont fit in some bushmasters.  is this true? it would be so nice to get a couple mags for him and look like a hero. :)
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume your talking about the thermmold mags. I have a bushmaster and 2 of em' they fit fine in it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thermolds fit in both of my Bushies.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah, i went over to the mag forum, where i should have posted this anyway but i spend most my time here and bla bla bla.  seems there are mixed reviews.  for the price, i bought em anyway, if they suck, ill blame it on his rifle not my present!
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Thermolds are the only decent plastic mag for an AR and they look great in a bushy(black).
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Some people don't like the plastic mags for two reasons:
* under heavy use in the gun, they can get soft (Thermelts), but I haven't heard of it in a semi-auto gun.  But there are rumors about heavy use of select-fire M16's.
* if dropped on a hard surface while loaded, they could crack making them unusable...while the USGI's are better in this respect.

Thermolds fit in the Bushmasters fine. It's the Orlites you have to watch out for. Some Orlites have some ridges too high to fit in the Bushmaster.  Five minutes with a Dremel will fix it.  Or you can just look for a number code on the Orlite magazine...it's at the bottom of the mag inside a circle...like this:

We're not concerned about the zero...only the other number.  If it's 20 or above, then you're OK (the lower numbers fit the Galil rifle better).  I have some "26's" and some "32's" that work great.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
hey thanks, ill look for 20+ when i get em.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top