Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2001 9:19:14 PM EDT
I've got an SKS unloaded with a padlock in the trigger guard blocking rearward movement of the trigger and loaded stripper clips in another easy to get to location. The key is with the stripper clip ammo.

A trunk gun, I think, needs to be in this condition. I've timed access and loading from a complete stop in my vehicle and I can be shooting in 30-45 seconds.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
In some states a firearm is considered loaded if you have loaded magazines or speedloaders with it.  Don’t know about stripper clips.

I have a vague recollection that there are problems with trunk guns in CA, but I’m sure you know the laws better than me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 1:44:28 AM EDT
[#3]
What if you have a truck? Rifle in the cab and range bag with ammo in the bed I guess. Can you keep loaded mags in the range bag in the bed?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:02:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a truck.  I carry my 870 and ar-15 under my back seat, and my glock 23 (loaded) in the arm rest.  I also have a concealed carry permit to make it all legal!!!!!
hacko.gif
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]
My idea of a trunk gun is a beat up Remington 870 and a box of 00 buskshot.  Then again, I have my Glock 21 on me most of the time via a CCW permit.

Note, before 9-11 I din't keep a trunk gun but these days I like having the option of making a difference if it would ever become necessary for someone to do so!  If the SHTF then I would carry an AR-15 but right now the 870 is more than adequate.

I don't keep a rifle, especially an AR-15 in the car because  am afraid someone might just get lucky enough to steal my car/gun and then use it in a crime.  With a pump shotgun I don't have quite the same fear of someone getting my shotgun as opposed to my pollicically incorect black rifle!

Oh yea... $150 pump shotgun vs. $1300 pre-ban Colt.....  that has a factor in my thinking as well!

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:50:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Years ago, while stationed in Va., an open carry state at the time; I learned a valuable lesson. There's nothing much more worthless than a gun in the trunk, unless you leave it at home. Confrontation with two guys and a Doberman, over a parking space of all things. Dog was their weapon. My Browning H.P. loaded in the trunk. The closer I got to the trunk, the longer the lead on the dog was let out. Finally talked my way out of it or they decided it wasn't worth it. Last time my weapon was near me, but essentially unavailable. Live in Fla. have CCW and carry all the time.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Parking Space?  Good Lord.  There are better ways of landing yourself in the hospital or the slammer or both.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#8]
In the great state of Nevada we just keep it where ever we want in the vehicle with the mag in it just cant have one in the chamber, That is for long guns hand guns we can keep any were but on your person and it can be loaded with one in the pipe! Boy I love this great state!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top