Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2001 10:11:13 AM EDT
I'm saving up to get a new upper for my CAR-15 preban, and was wondering which would be a better choice, a  Bushy 16' upper or one of the RRA Hi-Rise uppers?
Any help is appreciated.

Link Posted: 12/8/2001 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Bushy's use chrome lined barrels.  RR doesn't.  There's an Bushmaster/RR (upper/lower) rifle for sale and the pic shows the finishes don't match.  I'd check to see which finish matches first.  Also if you want a chome-lined barrel, you can buy a BM flattop and buy the RR tactical assault removable carry handle (I think that's what it's called) or buy the RR high rise upper and find a chome libned barrel attatched.  I know, not a definitve answer, but options for you.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#2]
If you can live without a crome bore (which dosn't make a heap of difference) get a RRA. They are cheaper and just as good or better quality.

Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd look at both a Whinny and a Bushy.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Blasting/SHTF rifle= Bushmaster

Target/varmint rifle= RRA
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I own both.

The Bushy is an A3 Dissipator and the RRA is the LEGP M4.

Both are superbly made.  Both have excellent fit and finish (with the edge in finishing going to RRA) and both are equally accurate and reliable.

The finish on mine...and I am looking at both rfles right now....is of almost equal color.  Even if you swap out the uppers there is not enough noticable difference to be concerned about.

Yep..the Bushy is chromed lined...that is Mil-Spec and the Bushy is the most correctly Mil-Spec weapon you can by today but that in no way means the RRA is inferior in any regards.....just different.

I suppose if I had to choose one it would be the Bushy..............simply because my track record with it is longer and because that I know the mil-spec chromed barrel is about the most durable, resistant surface you could hope for in a "use" weapon.

Either way you go you will not be unhappy IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top