Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2001 8:39:16 AM EDT
Anyone have firsthand experience w/ the "new" Dan Wesson revolvers? I am thinking of going into shooting small bore silhouette.
Appreciate any help.

Allen

JPFO
NRA
ISRA
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:49:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You mean new as in the latest from Norwich, NY? They're the best I've seen yet. They also cost more but fit/finish is excellent. If you compared a 2nd Gen. Dan Wesson (Wesson Arms) to a 3rd Gen. model, you'd think the 2nd Gen. was produced in some third world country. I don't own a 3rd Gen. yet, but it's on my shopping list.

www.danwessonfirearms.com
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Waverunner,

I was pretty surprised when I saw 1911 style autos listed on their site. I take it that these are equally as impressive as their revolvers? The way the markings are engraved really shows their attention to detail, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Did I hear Dan Wesson?  LOL every time DW is mentioned Waverunner and I come a runnin.  My girlfriend and I each have DW 1911s and we are trying to spread the word.  We are both very happy with with our pistols.  I happen to argree that it is the engraving that really makes these gun stand out.

I know that the owner of the company is very proud of his engraving tool, I understand it is state of the art.  The engraving on my 1911 really stands out and almost looks gold (it is actually the heated steel that gives it that look).  

Last week my buddy and I went out shooting, he with his Kimber Royal and me with my Pointman.  Both guns have a beautiful finish but I think the engraving really makes for a handsome look that made my gun stand out.  I realize that is a personal preference, some guys like a more simple look.  

Anyway feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions about the DW 1911, or like Wave said, contact the factory direct, they always write back.

Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:54:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I only have experience with the originals (1st generation??) Monson made revolvers of the late 1970's and early 1980's.  The ones I own are excellent in quality. I have revolvers chambered in .357 mag, .357 Max, .41 Mag, and .44 Mag.  All but the .357 Mag are stainless.

OSA

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top