Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2001 6:50:51 AM EDT
I am shopping .45 pistols for concealed carry, and since I am on a budget, I am looking at <$400 brands. The one I am most likely to own is the Ruger P97, but that's another story. At Heritage Guns last night, I came across the PT145... didn't know anything about them. It had nice heft, buttery trigger pull, the price was good, 10rd magazine. It looked like a better deal for CC than the Ruger, which I trust more but is sorta hefty. In fact, I really liked what I saw. The fellow at the shop said they were pretty good and that he sold a lot of them.

I did some research into it, hoping to review it before buying it, and I discovered that some people have had the polymer parts crash or break outright. Do you have any experience with this pistol?

I want a small .45, but:
-Need to keep it at $400
-Don't personally like Glocks (the grip doesn't agree with my hands)
-Want something reliable

Am I skrood?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the feedback. All of the pistols that I have owned for any length of time were Rugers. They fit my hand and my budget. I had a Glock 27, but just never got comfortable with it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been happy with my PT145.  A lot smaller than my Glock 21.  About 500 rounds to date withoug a hiccup and quite accurate despite the long, rough trigger pull -- which smooths out with a bit of careful honing.

Smaller Glocks just don't hold well even in my smaller hands and they don't hold 11 rounds.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a PT-111 in 9mm I might be just a little ahead of Chuck on the round count, and I have'nt had any problems with it so far.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I bit the bullet so to speak, and bought a Ruger P97.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top