Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2001 8:27:23 AM EDT
I have been considering asking my girlfriend "The Question" in her home state of Indiana. My problem is in getting the ring there without her detecting it and without someone stealing it while in transit. I have decided that the only way I can feel secure is to have it on my person the whole time. I was thinking to keep it in my pocket most of the time but placing it in my camera bag for the security check points. What happens if they randomly check my camera bag? Do i feel like an ass with the surprise ruined as my girlfriend and I stand together and watch as some guy dumps the bag out? An airport proposal is not what i have in mind.

Karl
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Ummm, Fedex it to your destination ahead of you.

Orrrr you could just tell her "Oh shit! I forgot (tickets, condoms, boxcutter, thermonuclear weapon ect.) in the car, you go ahead and I'll meet you at the Gate"  
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Karl,
    I had the same dilema a year and a half ago.  I had to fly out of Denver into Vegas to propose.  I didnt want to leave it in luggage and I didnt want to put it in my pocket.  The solution, put it around your neck.  I took a piece of para-cord and tied the ring around my neck.  No problems with the metal detectors etc.  Ring cost far to much to risk having it stolen or lost.  I went as far as melting the knot on the paracord so it would have to be cut off.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Karl, try it your way, it is uncomplicated.  And if it is revealed at the security check point, drop to one knee and propose right there in front of the security people and the National Guard troops.  I bet she would think it was romantic that you were not afraid to do it there if you had to.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Cut a peice of cardboard to surround the ring (so its flat), then put the cardboard plus ring in your wallet, then just put your wallet in the little tray.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Put it in a condom and eat it!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#6]
put the stinkin thing in your carry on.  So, they xray it.  It looks like a ring, not a bomb.  Goes through without a hitch.  Retrieve ring from bag later.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't think you really want to hear my plan....
[>(]...
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Wear it on a neckless around your neck.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I think Kharn has the best idea so far, this is a very secure way in my opinion. In wallet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top