Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2001 3:14:30 PM EDT
Hi,

Anyone know if Benelli plans to import the M4 Super 90 and distribute it to civilians (probably with a straight stock and 5-shot tube) or will it be restricted to LE/Military?
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The Benelli Rep I talked to at the NRA Convention this past May said yes. I asked him about the folding stock, if it was legal, and he said yes, it shouldn't be a problem. I don't know if he knew the laws...I don't for that matter either. They're just waiting for the military contract to be fulfilled before they start police and civilian production.

Basically, it's a beefed up receiver and it's gas operated. I liked the picatinny rail. The rep there recommended the M1 tactical for my purposes. The military needed the beefed up receiver for the extremely high powered rounds they fire. The gun itself weighed 8lbs empty from what I remember (and what he told me). The BIG advantage of the gun was less felt recoil over the M1.

themao
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 6:01:55 AM EDT
[#2]
It will eventually be sold to civilian market but probably not for a while. If the Assault Weapons Ban isn't renewed in 2004 then it could be sold to civilians as-is.
Regarding the AW Ban if it has the pistol grip it won't have the telescoping stock and it will be limited to a 5 round tube.

Just wanted to add that there have been a few other posts on this, do a search and you'll find lots more information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top