Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2001 6:46:39 PM EDT
This is a .22 rifle that I like a lot, but have never really been impressed with the accuracy with any ammunition I have tried.  I can get a good scope, and I think I can work with the trigger, but what about that barrel?  Any suggestions as to aftermarket barrels?  I should add that I also need it threaded for a (yes, very legal) suppressor.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The only one I have shot is suppressed.  It was cut down to the end of the factory stock and then had the can attached.  It was extremely accurate, at least at 25 yards.  I have not shot it at 50.  It has a Leupold 2-7x25(or so on the Obj.) that I believe is now discontinued. With a good can it is virtually silent with good subsonic ammo. You hear the bullet rip though the air.  Not sure if that helps at all except to kick it BTT.  Good luck on your setup.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I've used one for smallbore metallic silhouette, hunter class.  After I bedded it, adjusted the trigger and put on a Lilja barrel it worked well enough.  Dan Lilja is in Plains, Mt and I believe he has a website.

Might also consider a CZ 452.  The work very well for the price.

HTH....SRM
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#3]
This guy here, Randy Meeks, can tune it up for a fairly reasonable price www.ct-precision.com.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I posted my experience with my 77/22 Varmint model on the glocktalk.com rimfire forum. I only took it to the range once, but so far it seems to be a pretty good shooter.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This guy here, Randy Meeks, can tune it up for a fairly reasonable price www.ct-precision.com.

Randy can tune a trigger, but I did this one myself.  However, I did have Randy unitize the bolt and it seemed to reduce the off-call shots.

SRM
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#6]
My 77/22 is very accurate with the right ammo.  My rifle shoots the same aggregate group sizes at 50 yards with Tenex as my dad's Anschutz (astonishing).  My rifle shoots rim sorted-sorted cci minimag solids and standard velocity Federal extremely well.  However, it shoots mediocre to poor with most everything else I've tried.  My advice: go buy 10 or more 50 round boxes of various ammo and see what it likes.  Start with Eley Tenex or Club.  They are very expensive but not so bad if your plans are hunting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top