Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2001 3:04:51 AM EDT
I was thinking and the only good battel rifle I have not had is a Springfield M1A.

Well thats just unamerican and I'm not goming to stand for it

So It's come down to these two,the "squad rifle" with a 18 1/2" barrel or the standard with a 22" barrel.

I would like the 18 1/2" barrel but only if I don't have to give up anythink to to get it.
I would like to be able to shoot up to about 500 yards,do a big deal for the standard but for somebody that may not be the best rifleman in the would would I have alot of trouble with the Squad rifle?
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 3:48:35 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:01:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I really can't compare the two since it was 32 years ago that I fired the full length version in basic training, but the Springfield Bush model I have is a very accurate rifle. I think it's the same as the Scout Rifle without the scope mount. If I'm wrong about that, I'm sure someone will correct me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#4]

This is what it says on the Springfield website,mayit's something new but it dose say"scout squad" are any of you guys familiar with this model?
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Basic M1A is what I prefer.
GG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top