Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2001 12:54:32 PM EDT
So lets say I form 1 (?) an AR to be a SBR , can it now have evil features like the dreaded flash hider? An 11.5" gun would look goffy with a plain barrel, and I think a muzzle brake on a 11.5 barrel would be LOUD.

Ropes
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
No. An SBR can't have evil features unless you build it on a preban receiver. You can't manufacture an "assault weapon" for civilian use, period.

The closest you might get would be an AOW, where you could build a pistol with permanent foregrip, no stock, flashider, etc.

Link Posted: 11/24/2001 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
No!  Unfortunately that is not the case.  They are loud anyway because of the short barrel.  The SBR thing is the only way I'd spend the extra money on a pre-ban receiver.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah well I figured I was hosed.. Guess I will stick with the 16" post ban style. Better to save my spot on the evil human list for a real class 3 gun.

Ropes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top