Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2001 6:55:05 AM EDT
I've been considering an RAS for one of my ARs, but I wanted a free-float design due to the better accuracy.  I know that DPMS and CMORE make free-float tubes with four M-1913 rails on them, but I had heard that Knight's has a free-float design of their own.  Since I couldn't find any info on it, I decided to call Knight's.

According to them, they do have a free-float RAS in production, but production is dedicated to military units for the foreseeable future.  The guy I spoke to said that if Sept. 11 had not happened, I'd be able to buy one right now.  When asked for an estimate on availability, he said March of next year was the target date for civilian production.

Just thought I'd pass this on...

Regards,
SAB
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Here are some more details...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=70032

The KAC FF RAS is a great looking rail system which is considerably more durable then the standard RAS.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quarterbore:

Thanks a million for the link.  By following it, I ended up at the topic where JT Surplus was advertising two of these for sale at the end of September, one of which you apparently purchased.  On a long shot, I called them to see if the other was still available, and IT WAS!  Obviously, I snapped it up while it was still available.

Thanks to you, I don't have to wait until next year to finish my M4gery

Now, if I could only find a Colt M4 upper receiver (without barrel, etc.) for around $200...

Thanks again,
SAB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top