Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2001 4:02:35 AM EDT
Does anyone know if the SAR-8 is mfg in the US by Springfield Armory, or are they parts kits assembled and imported by Springfield?  If parts kits, where from? Who mfg's the receiver? How is the quality?  Thanks for the info! Ed
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:00:28 AM EDT
[#1]
If I remember correctly some of the Springfield rifles like the SAR-8, 4800, etc. were manufactured in Greece under license from HK and Fabrique Nationale. If you can inspect one, I believe the country of origin is stamped on the receiver.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:30:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an older SAR8(HK91-clone) by HK Greek licesee circa 1990, all accessories interchange with the real HK, buttstock, trigger housing etc.  The trigger pack internally is different, but the complete trigger pack will interchange with with real HK91s.  The rear sight on the SAR8 doesn't require the HK sight adj tool.

The SAR48(FAL clone) is on an Imbel reciever manufactured in Brazil by a FN licensee.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:47:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you talking about the steel or aluminum receiver guns?

The steel receiver guns are Greek imports, manufactured entirely by an HK licensee in Greece.  Its not up to par with the German HK guns, but its very nice.  The aluminum receiver guns have a US made aluminum receiver (I have heard rumors they were subcontracted to Hesse) and built mostly with parts imported from Portugal.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The steel receiver guns are Greek imports, manufactured entirely by an HK licensee in Greece.

Sorry to mentioned, I've got the older SAR8 with the stamped/fold sheet metal.  Personally for me I can't tell the difference in shooting and fit & finish between my SAR8 & the real HK.  Don't know about the newer aluminum receivers.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The steel receiver guns are Greek imports, manufactured entirely by an HK licensee in Greece.

Sorry to mentioned, I've got the older SAR8 with the stamped/fold sheet metal.  Personally for me I can't tell the difference in shooting and fit & finish between my SAR8 & the real HK.  Don't know about the newer aluminum receivers.

Neither can I, and I have both. I remember asking springfield who made the receiver on the aluminum ones but can't recall their answer. Anyway, it wasn't Hesse. If you can afford it get the greek over the late production sar-8.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top