Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2001 11:21:12 AM EDT
See this topic on a former L.A. news chopper guy who got arrested for selling "machine guns."
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=67827

Can anyone tell me what an MFR .223 is? I know that the SP-89 is semi-auto; don't know if it can be converted to full-auto since I'm not that familiar with it, only what it looks like. But I've never heard of an MFR. Even better, can someone post a picture of one?

Of course, knowing the L.A. Times, it wouldn't surprise me that they screwed up in the accuracy/truth-in-reporting department and thought the SP-89 was an MP-5. Maybe MFR is what the reporter read on the police report or something and actually is the abbreviation for "Manufacturer."

(Edited to add to Subject line.)
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Maybe MFR is what the reporter read on the police report or something and actually is the abbreviation for "Manufacturer."

Or maybe they misread "NFA", the National Firearms Act which controls machine guns.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Can anyone tell me what an MFR .223 is?

It's a pre-ban Olympic Arms CAR-15 type rifle.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
A converted SP-89 is called an MP5 and he's right...A MFR is one of the models of a preban OlyArms AR15. I used to have one.

Michael
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top