Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2001 12:13:15 AM EDT
Had the original lawyer trigger adjusted down to 2 3/4# but just doesn't seem consistent enough. I'd like to get an aftermarket trigger. Anyone with feedback regarding their aftermarket Rem 700 trigger? Don't want to spend too much (i.e. jewell). Maybe something along the lines of Timney (I've heard the trigger blade was a bit wide on this one) or a Shilen.

Any help appreciated.

TIA!

-jsr75
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:48:31 AM EDT
[#1]
jsr...An inconsistent trigger can frustrate any shooter.  But before you trade out the Remington trigger assembly how about lubricating the whole thing (including the sear) with NECO Moly-Slide.  Moly-Slide seems to have about twice as much moly in it as other grease lubricants and it WILL make your trigger release lighter.  I'd try the cheap fix first.

That being said, a Shilen works great in my LTR.  Adjusted to about 2.5#'s.  It's been absolutely consistent in all kinds of weather.

Jewell is a competition style two-stage trigger.  I have a Jewell in my precision AR.   But I want a single-stage trigger in the LTR.  

And Shilen is about half the price of the Jewell.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:37:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I shoot Rem 700 exclusively for a bolt gun. Most factory triggers I have adjusted satisfactorily. Have had Canjar(not worth the money IMHO), Shilen(not the competition) and a Timney. I by far prefer the Timney. Great trigger for the money. I have nothing bad to say about the Shilen just like the Timney better. Hope this helps. Good day. Dennis
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had excellent results adjusting Remington factory triggers.  I have a Shilen on one custom rifle and I also like it.  Best.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I adjusted my factory trigger and love it.  Have a Jewell in my AR and it is pretty sweet too.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Anything scpecial needed to adjust the trigger?  OR How does one adjust the 700 trigger?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I prefer Jewell triggers, but if you want to keep the price down, Timney makes an excellent trigger.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Much thanks for all the excellent replies. I'll try the cheap fix first and if that doesn't work I think I'll try the Shilen.

Always Grateful

-jsr75
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:38:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anything scpecial needed to adjust the trigger?  OR How does one adjust the 700 trigger?

There are instructions on www.snipercountry.com.  Look under the review pages for the Remington 700 rifles.

IMO, the factory trigger can be adjusted to meet the needs of most shooters, it's a very versatile design.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top