Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2001 8:48:46 PM EDT
i've never liked these until i saw one at my grandpa's funeral a couple months ago..anyway i would now like to get one and have a laminated stock put on it like the one i saw.  what kind should i get and how much do they go for?..i've heard stuff about CMP, and bad stuff about century arms...i don't really care about a collector, i want something decent that i can fix up and make it look good but still be able to shoot safely.  anyone?  
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#1]
CMP is a good way to go, you'll have to join a club though, even if you're a vet. The Centuries are something else. Pretty nasty but for the price? Have it checked out by a competent gunsmith first IMHO. Springfield has them out now, more expensive but awesome. You'll pay for anything other than a Century, upwards to a grand and over. Shotgun News has some around, different manufacturers. Maybe buy a receiver and a kit if your up for that kind of work. You won't be sorry...the Garands are to me, the Crown Jewel of Semi Auto MBR's.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Century BAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!  You no buy!   Go to www.fulton-armory.com and look around (they did a technical inspection of a Century).  Also go to www.gunandknife.com and go to their garand forum.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Century BAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!  You no buy!

LMAO...no shit
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah i saw they were ONLY (can't believe they charge that much for a pretty much non-functioning gun) $399 at dunhams sports.  i figured something was up.    
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:13:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top