Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2001 5:09:58 AM EDT
What are the pros and cons to the Beta C mag?

Are they reliable?

Do they "melt" like the thermolds are rumored to do?

Thanks,

fuatos
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:15:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Pro:

Con:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:17:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I would have to agree with the pros and cons!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:29:11 AM EDT
[#3]
what kharn said.

i love mine, NEVER malfunctioned, hasn't melted yet, did however break my bank.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]
It does rattle when loaded, so stalking is out, but great for a defensive position.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#5]
If I was rich I would have one, but considering you can reload an AR in about 3-4 seconds the beta-C seems kinda pointless.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#6]
They are not very durable, especially in real hot weather.  The feed tower will only last for about a dozen or so full auto dumps and then the feed lips will start allowing the rounds to fly free and hang up.  Maybe in semi, for a few 100rd cycles they work fine, but for repetitive full auto dumps, they sure don't last long.

Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They are not very durable, especially in real hot weather.  The feed tower will only last for about a dozen or so full auto dumps and then the feed lips will start allowing the rounds to fly free and hang up.  Maybe in semi, for a few 100rd cycles they work fine, but for repetitive full auto dumps, they sure don't last long.

I'm glad I didn't spend half a "grand" for one then. I've got a couple dozen USGI mags and I can reload very quickly if need be.

Besides, A "rifleman" has absolutely no need for a beta C mag.

A Rifleman commands all he surveys.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Pro:

Con:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Kharn

Yes but resale $$$ is a definite Pro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top