Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2001 4:40:17 PM EDT

Armed Palestinians take cover during a gun battle with Israeli troops in the West bank town of Bethlehem, October 22, 2001. Israel's army held on to positions in and around six Palestinian West Bank cities on Monday in its broadest offensive in a year of violence, sparking fresh fighting. At least 24 Palestinians have been killed in the past four days. REUTERS/Desmond Boylan
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks more like some American Redneck than a Palestinian Soldier.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#2]
He's right, they do look American. But, the building in the background looks Isreali/Middle Eastern.

Hell, they're even using Infidel Guns.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I know Isrealis don't have brand spanking new M-16-A2s and Crew Served Guns.

Was this picture posed ?
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah that sure looks staged to me too.  Shooter on the left has surprisingly good trigger finger management to be in the middle of a firefight.  BDUs are pretty clean, in fact they're REAL clean.

Looks like opening day of deer season is earlier than Texas.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah that sure looks staged to me too.  Shooter on the left has surprisingly good trigger finger management to be in the middle of a firefight.  BDUs are pretty clean, in fact they're REAL clean.

Looks like opening day of deer season is earlier than Texas.

They look American because Billy Bob Clinton gave them brand new American guns and uniforms, thats why.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Those are not staged pics.  I saw on satellite yesterday video of palasteinians using M-16s against israeli positions.

Really Sad

-Gokart
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:05:15 AM EDT
[#7]

I don't think that's an A2.  Look at the thin barrel, the solid carrying handle at the rear sight and the lack of a brass deflector.  I think it's an A1 with round handguards.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#8]
You may be right, but that gun still looks in damn good shape for a Palestinian or Isreali Gun.

BTW, upon a close look at the rear sight, it probably is an A1 with some A2 parts.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#9]
There have been some exotic looking weapons on the Palestinians, not just AKs. Some M16 carbines with scopes etc...

And don´t think government forces always have the newest gear, did you guys notice what the KLA had in Kosovo, Steyr Scouts, AI AW rifles, Barrett M82A1s and so on.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I think some spent cases are seen on the pavement by the feet of both " soldiers ".
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#11]
You'd think that with guns like that the Isreali death toll would be a little higher.  How come I keep hearing the news reports of 7 Palestinians killed 2 children injured, and 1 Isreali slightly wounded?

Is it just me or are the Palestinians the worst shots in the world?  Maybe their tactics just suck?
I am not rooting for them of course, but how do we explain the lopsided military encounters?
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#12]
There was a pic on the local paper a few days ago of 3 or 4 palestinians behind a wall with similar looking ARs. I did a double-take on the picture because one of the guys was aiming an M1 Garand.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#13]
The guy on the left has a M16A1. Has A1 sights. No Shell Deflector. Pencil Profile Barrel with Bayo Lug.

Guy on the right has some pretty clean bdu's and boots. Neither of them look to dirty. Looks like they just got back from the Laudry-o-mat.

An odd photo.

-FS
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Was this picture posed ?

Yes the Isrealis do man,and there are about 30 countries that make them as we.

The Palastiniansare not the only ones that you would not think of as having M-16s,I saw a tape of a Hamas leader with one.

I gess an AK is not the only gun you can use in sand after all
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I have been collectin gpics like these from the news paper here for quite a while. I have noticed that a large number of the Palastinians, Hamas, etc., etc. are using A1's and that they tend to just about all have a fairly large scope on them. Guess they dont want to get into a close fight with any Israeli troops.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#16]
That picture still don't look right.  The more I look the stranger it gets.

The guy on the right has spit-shined boots.  The guy on the left has a fresh haircut and trimmed beard.  These aren't your garden-variety rock chuckers.

Could this be a Palestinian recruiting photo??

Has that 30rd mag seen some use or what?  Where's Paul308 when he's needed(G)?

Edited to say on closer inspection that mag looks like one of Paul's desert tan finishes.  But it couldn't be since the dude got it back in the first place.  Hmmm...  Who does desert tan AR's?
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#17]
The IRA used to buy guns here and smuggle them back to Ireland. The palestinians are doing the same thing. Same fund raising too. Don't be fooled by all the "we thought we were giving to an islamic charity" BS.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#18]
The guy on the left is wearing Air Jordans if you look really close. The guy on the right has brand new Skechers with the platform soles! And those are designer 80 dollar camo fatigues from Boston Store if I've ever seen them!
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was this picture posed ?

Yes the Isrealis do man,and there are about 30 countries that make them as we.

The Palastiniansare not the only ones that you would not think of as having M-16s,I saw a tape of a Hamas leader with one.

I gess an AK is not the only gun you can use in sand after all

I thought they had old, well used A1s and a few well used A2s. These guns look like they've never been used. After it was pointed out, I looked close at the sights and they are A1. But, that gun still looks almost brand new.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:53:37 AM EDT
[#20]
The US government (during the Clinton Administration) gave the "Palestinian Authority" Police a significant amount of aid, a lot of it in the form of used military equipment. They got a few thousand M16A1s. The reson the weapon looks so new is possibly because many of the weapons in storage get arsenal rebuilt before they get put up, so they are ready to go immediately.

US Government agencies also ran a counter-sniper school for the PA's police. SInce that time, the Israelis have taken some serious casualties from the snipers we trained. These two guys were probably PA police officers who changed into their urban commando outfits before going to fight.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 3:42:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Looks more like some American Redneck than a Palestinian Soldier.

?????The difference between the two being...?
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I think the variation in the death toll might have somethignt o do w/the fact that the IDF is firing from tanks and such while the PA is stuck shooting from the street liek is shown here. . . .
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Why is one guy wearing a cap and the other wearing a helmet?

Why is the guy holding the M16 leaning back so far....is that a hollywood pose?

If they are in a firefight what's the guy on the right doing, letting his weapon cool down?
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#24]
It would appear that the one on  the left is leaning back the way he is so as to stay behind the same cover as the one on the right is using. He could do a better job of it though.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Havent you guys seen the WhyPalestiniansThrowRocks video? (Its an Accurate Reloading video of an Arab-looking guy firing a .577 Tyrannosaur)  The Palestinian in the picture is just recoil sensitive.

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top