Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2001 1:27:46 PM EDT
I am replacing my wife's .38 airweight stainless S&W 642 with either the small Kahr 9mm (P9?) or the new NAA .380- any thoughts/suggestions?  Her choice of autoloaders is limited to whatever she can pull the slide back on (she can handle the Glock, but I can't handle the price tag).  Nothing over $350, small, and at least .380 (preferably 9mm).  
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]
kahr is morfe $$$, but infinitley more quality.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Landon,
How much does the Kahr P9 go for?  I have heard that it is roughly the size of a PPK.

Also, although that .25 cal FIE that you sold me is a piece of shit, there is some appealing quality that I just can't describe.  I like having a cheap alternative to wasting my expensive .40 ammo on stray wild animals, when I can fuck it up with a cheap little .25.  Case in point- stray cats that aren't afraid of my dog- I couldn' fathom using a 135 gr Corbon on the little bastards- the .25 kills them just the same. Also, I've had a bitch of a time field stripping that pistol- any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm doing basically the same for my wife this X-mas.  My decision was a Taurus PT-111 Millenium in stainless.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Muad- what caliber is that?
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, it is a $90 Pistol. They ain't Colts, but it goes "boom".

Yeah. Does that one have a button thingie on the left side of the grip?
If so, push it, retract the slide.
OPnce the slide gets in itls most rearward position, raise the rear od the slide "skyward"- It should unhook, and detach from the frame.
If not, flip the safety to safe, and do that with the slide.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I've already replaced my wife's airweight with a Kahr p9.  The thing feels wonderful in your hand, and is very accurate. I did have to send it back to the factory for a minor replacement of the slide stop and pin.  I got mine from a dealer friend of mine for a little less than $500.  This is with the trijicon night sights also. However, I kept my airweight and carry it in my pants pocket a lot of times.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#7]
dissapator,

I have all three of the handguns you mentioned ( well sort of my NAA is the .32acp model). I have the Kahr P9, it is the best handling of all 3 of the guns as far as recoil is concerned plus having those 8 shots is nice too. It is also the most accurate. I paid 479 for mine here in Texas.

Stickfam
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#8]
dissapator,

I have all three of the handguns you mentioned ( well sort of my NAA is the .32acp model). I have the Kahr P9, it is the best handling of all 3 of the guns as far as recoil is concerned plus having those 8 shots is nice too. It is also the most accurate. I paid 479 for mine here in Texas.

Stickfam
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey Muad- what caliber is that?

It's a 9mm.

Edit>>> Forgot to add that it is $325 NIB at my local FFL.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 3:23:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Get her the new P9 Covert.  The grip is shorter and it only weighs 15 oz.  It holds one round less (6) but it also comes with the extended 7 rd mag.  Ed
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I would think that the Kahr MK9 would shoot nicer than the P9 covert, since the little MK9 weighs almost half a pound more than the P9 covert(15oz vs. 22oz).  Plus, the MK9 has the same mag capacity as the P9 covert.---------  I am hoping to get at least 350 for her stainless S&W 642 .38 at the next gun show- that's with a Don Hume ankle holster, a Brommeland (sp?) IWB holster, and two different grips for it, plus about 60 rounds of hollowpoints.  That sounds reasonable, right?  After that, I am selling my FIE .25, hopefully for around 90-100 bucks, with the resulting money from both guns (~$450) going to the Kahr.  Anyone know what these things actually go for at the shows (NIB)??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top