Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2001 7:17:06 AM EDT
 Is anyone up for a postal match?  For those of you not familiar with it, you use agiven target, shoot it at the prescribed distance, and mail off your target for scoring.  Makes things more interesting, especially during the winter when good shooting days are scarcer.
 If any interest is shown, I will ride herd on it.  Any takers?
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:39:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey lets go! We shoot year round down here, but we also take any excuse to shoot!
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I brought up the idea a few months ago, but there was enough bickering about how I should run it that I decieded to back off.

I would be interested, and willing to donate some prizes from my shop (if prizes are involved we need to mail out marked targets instead of using ones printed from the website, and that was what most folks had trouble with)
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 10:17:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll give it a try.....
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll give it a shot, count me in!
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in, but due to the nature of a postal match and the need for an honor system, I'd like to suggest that the prizes be kept small. The Cast Bullet Association's postal matches are more or less an arena to showcase different setups and tricks rather than big dollar competitions. The biggest prize is something like $10. We need to share items like ammunition used, sights, triggers, barrels, free floating or not, muzzle devices, weights, etc. These things ought to be placed in a an excel spread sheet so that we can reference them either online or via email.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds great. How about no prizes, just good simple fun. The results can be posted and  discussed here. That sounds like alot less work and more fun for all involved. I think we are are all old enough that we won't cry to much if we don't receive a loly pop for our efforts.

Rats
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sounds great. How about no prizes, just good simple fun. The results can be posted and  discussed here. That sounds like alot less work and more fun for all involved. I think we are are all old enough that we won't cry to much if we don't receive a loly pop for our efforts.

Rats

I second this motion........all in favor?
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#11]
If I can get time off before the match results are due I am in...

Ropes
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The prizes that I'm talking about are more or less trivial, but they'll give the guy a chance to win back his entry fee. The results need to be made into an excel spread sheet so that the participants are compared side by side and those that chose not to participate are excluded from randomly posting. In other words, we need organizing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree with the no prizes idea. Being able to strut around and crow and do a little happy dance and say "NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH I beat your little weasel ass" should be prize enough! A cash pool for the winners favorite charity might be cool though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#14]
OK, most of you seem to agree, with my ideas, so here goes...
 No prizes, and no entry fees either.  This is strictly for braggin' rights, and a little friendly competition to keep us sharp.  My idea was a thirty shot course, fired at 100 yards, from prone, seated, and kneeling.  No artificial support, and classes as follows: NATO and western combat rifles, like the AR, Garand, L1A1, etc, with issue sights.  ComBloc combat rifles, issue sights.  Scoped and red dot sights prohibited.
 Open class, which is any centerfire, any sights, no artificial support, as above.
 I'd like to use the 100 yard smallbore rifle target, as they are available from Wal-Mart as Outers #45725.  Any input?  If this works, get your targets to me by Dec. 1st.  Email me for the mailing address.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Count me in.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#16]

No artificial support, and classes as follows: NATO and western combat rifles, like the AR, Garand, L1A1, etc, with issue sights. ComBloc combat rifles, issue sights. Scoped and red dot sights prohibited.
Open class, which is any centerfire, any sights, no artificial support, as above.

I don't agree at all. This has got to be organized in some fashion. We need to compete in caliber classes within our break down of NATO and communist rifles, i.e. 5.56 against 5.56, 7.62 against 7.62, etc. There can be an open class for everything against everything, etc., but there has got to be some organization. I'd like to see all of the data placed into an excel spreadsheet that way those of us who keep track of this type of info can look and see what works and what doesn't work for everyone.

By no artificial support, are you excluding slings or just sandbags, rests, etc.? We also need to include our rifle choice, modifications, barrel, sights, triggers, muzzle devices (if any), ammunition choice including load if handloaded, etc.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 9:00:37 AM EDT
[#17]
It was sounding like fun. Your making it sound like work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top