Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2008 5:01:20 AM EDT
Cmon guys. Gimme a break. More money than brains I suppose. If this crazyness holds I'm done for a while.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 5:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link??
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 5:27:52 AM EDT
[#2]
HERE it is and yeah its stupid out there. But if you can legally make a buck from someone else stupidity, then I see nothing wrong with it. This guy just had what a few people want. More power to him. At the gun store Friday I was in shooting the XDm, and a guy was looking for 30 rd AR mags. All the store had was USGI used mags at 6-7 a piece. The guy said, please tell me you have Pmags. Ill pay double or more. I head that and said I had 5 to sell. What would he offer. He gave me $230 for 5 since 2 had ranger pull things. I have like 40 more plus a few boxs of Cproducts and a few beta, so I am not worried about depleating my stock. But DAM!!!!! There is a frenzy out there.

A coworker put it in a nice phrase yesterday. If they want to limit the modern weapons (since assualt is not necessarly true), they should have never let Obama get into office.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not faulting the sellers. But the buyers? I'll say it again, "more money than brains". And 46 bucks per for PMags, that guy was a fool. How does it go? A fool and his money..........
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 6:04:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish my FFL had USGI for 6-7 a mag. I do not even like the Sig rail, I am going to wait and hope Sampson puts out one for the pistol.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 6:19:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a personal philosophy of never selling a gun.  I'll even take pieces of crap for $20.00 just to experiment with them.  But this is insane - I may just have to rethink things.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 6:42:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Eternal, they were used. Several were WELL used. And yeah this guy had ALOT more money than brains. Took his number, and told him I would call him in 10 minutes to meet at a grocery store. He rolls up in a H2 SUT (the truck thing) with the biggest dam rims and smallest tires I have ever seen. Guess he bought 2 RRAs at the shop that day.

Typically I would feel bad, but there are those out there just asking.....
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 6:48:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Eternal, they were used. Several were WELL used. And yeah this guy had ALOT more money than brains. Took his number, and told him I would call him in 10 minutes to meet at a grocery store. He rolls up in a H2 SUT (the truck thing) with the biggest dam rims and smallest tires I have ever seen. Guess he bought 2 RRAs at the shop that day.

You got that right brother!
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 6:51:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a personal philosophy of never selling a gun.  I'll even take pieces of crap for $20.00 just to experiment with them.  But this is insane - I may just have to rethink things.

I should list my IMI Galil 308 ARM for 10 grand and see what happens. Unreal.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got that right brother!

I wonder if purchasing all those firearms in such a short time flags the ATF (Face-to-Face purchases aside), or whether they are just shugging their shoulders at the whole thing since it seems to be a nationwide phenomenon.

Link Posted: 11/12/2008 7:25:07 AM EDT
[#10]
The later I would think. I mean they are presumably all legit FFL sourced transactions afterall.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#11]
At this point, I doubt ATF would take notice until an individual was buying by the cargo container-load.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#12]
It's because of the rail. Sig is doing a very, very limited run that have the rail.  Price is still to high, but that's part of the reason.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
HERE it is and yeah its stupid out there. But if you can legally make a buck from someone else stupidity, then I see nothing wrong with it. This guy just had what a few people want. More power to him. At the gun store Friday I was in shooting the XDm, and a guy was looking for 30 rd AR mags. All the store had was USGI used mags at 6-7 a piece. The guy said, please tell me you have Pmags. Ill pay double or more. I head that and said I had 5 to sell. What would he offer. He gave me $230 for 5 since 2 had ranger pull things. I have like 40 more plus a few boxs of Cproducts and a few beta, so I am not worried about depleating my stock. But DAM!!!!! There is a frenzy out there.

A coworker put it in a nice phrase yesterday. If they want to limit the modern weapons (since assualt is not necessarly true), they should have never let Obama get into office.

$46.00 per mag?    Holy Christ!  People are out of their minds.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I paid wholesale for mine but that's the great part about being a dealer.

CSF

Link Posted: 11/12/2008 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

CSF

http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/medium/P1010420.jpg

Woah dude, whered you get the combo supressor/Flashlight?

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 2:10:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CSF

http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/medium/P1010420.jpg

Woah dude, whered you get the combo supressor/Flashlight?

Thats my light dining room light reflecting off the table.  

CSF

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey CS, you may already know, but if you have that suppressor mounted on the factory Sig AAC copy QD mount do NOT fire it like that, the mounts are out of spec. I made a thread about it in the suppressor section not too long ago, confirmed with AAC. It's already caused at least one incident.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#18]
$$$ says dpbennett welches on it.

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hey CS, you may already know, but if you have that suppressor mounted on the factory Sig AAC copy QD mount do NOT fire it like that, the mounts are out of spec. I made a thread about it in the suppressor section not too long ago, confirmed with AAC. It's already caused at least one incident.

No worries.  It's a AAC mount.  The pistol came with a standard A2 FH.

CSF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top