Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 31
Posted: 9/6/2007 10:58:38 AM EDT
Well, for those of you who have rumored and doubted... and for those of you that have stead fastly been optimistic... here are a few memorable pics and an announcement of shipping of rifles for tomorrow. I am the webmaster and graphic designer here at MSAR/Microtech and I personally took these pictures. These guys have been working almost non-stop for the last few months... sometimes 16 hours or more a day and 7 days a week. This is a fine product and for those who were patient you are very lucky in buying one. You will be pleasantly surprised. Pete is personally test firing each one!!!

http://www.msarinc.com/images/IMG_9292s.jpg

http://www.msarinc.com/images/IMG_9293s.jpg

http://www.msarinc.com/images/IMG_9296s.jpg

http://www.msarinc.com/images/IMG_9297s.jpg
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Price?
Availability?
Magazine type?
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#2]
The limited editions are shipping now... The regular production ones will ship in two weeks. For pricing, contact a dealer listed on the MSAR site.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Desert Tan on order.... got any pics of those?
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, its the man Pete "the American Godfather of the Steyr AUG."

Pete is test firing each one huh? Cool, that makes me feel better.

They look great...wonder which one is my rifle?
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#5]
they look great, so close i can almost taste it!
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The limited editions are shipping now... The regular production ones will ship in two weeks. For pricing, contact a dealer listed on the MSAR site.

So your saying ALL 500 black limited edition rifles will be ready to ship tomorrow or only the first couple hundred of them?
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet!  Thanks for the official update.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks tasty!
So ALL the black ones are shipping tommorrow?  A bit of conflicting info on this...but since no one has called me to ask for more money, I'll assume it's not so...
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, for those of you who have rumored and doubted... and for those of you that have stead fastly been optimistic... here are a few memorable pics and an announcement of shipping of rifles for tomorrow. I am the webmaster and graphic designer here at MSAR/Microtech and I personally took these pictures. These guys have been working almost non-stop for the last few months... sometimes 16 hours or more a day and 7 days a week. . SO HOW ARE THE EMPLOYEES FEELING ABOUT THE PRODUCT AT THIS TIME? This is a fine product and for those who were patient you are very lucky in buying one. You will be pleasantly surprised. Pete is personally test firing each one!!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Looks tasty!
So ALL the black ones are shipping tommorrow?  A bit of conflicting info on this...but since no one has called me to ask for more money, I'll assume it's not so...

I understand it's still just the first hundred or so tomorrow, more to follow.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 2:36:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on my rifle! My hats off to Microtech!

Any idea when the first green rifles will ship?
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, the balance has been charged on my card.  Come to daddy....
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#13]
They all look pretty happy.

Edit: It must be cool as hell to be a room full of that many STG 556s...thats some cool stuff.  Those guys have a great job.
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#14]
OK--on that last picture in the first post, in the lower left corner in the yellow box--what are those short, barrel-looking things?  (They look too short to be barrels).
 Also, the pic w/the optics tubes and receiver--do those still neeed to have a finish applied? (on second thought, the MSAR logo is already on--it appears to be there are two different colors of receiver there, though).
Link Posted: 9/6/2007 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
OK--on that last picture in the first post, in the lower left corner in the yellow box--what are those short, barrel-looking things?  (They look too short to be barrels).

Sure look like barrels to me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 4:06:26 AM EDT
[#16]
It's the lighting... they're all the same color!
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 4:37:00 AM EDT
[#17]
so todays the day, i hope they get the first 100 out the door
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 4:45:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

A little birdy told me that a few actually shipped out yesterday....  
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 6:01:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the update and pics. Where the hell have you been for the past 8 months? Many of us here have been complaining about poor communication from MSAR.

We wouldn't have "rumored and doubted" if someone from MSAR had taken a little time to keep their core customers in the loop.

Thanks again.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2007 6:04:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Neat!  I have not been following this at all. Hopefully the price is low enough I can pick one up when more become available. I'd pay around $1500.

I have the AR's, I have the Sig, the AUG would almost complete my "favorite guns of CounterStrike" collection. Leaving the MP5
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 6:41:35 AM EDT
[#21]
I've only worked here for two months... and I've been very busy. You wouldn't believe just how busy!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Cool thanks for the update hawk.
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
They all look pretty happy.

Edit: It must be cool as hell to be a room full of that many STG 556s...thats some cool stuff.  Those guys have a great job.

I'd feel like a teenager on his first trip to the nudie bar
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A little birdy told me that a few actually shipped out yesterday....  

Well for our sake lets hope around 100 have shipped out
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Their site says they shipped rifles today with new photos!!

Here is my concern, perhaps someone else in the same predicament has spoken to someone at Microtech and can alleviate my concern. I got in on this one later than most of you guys. I e-mailed Mike & Robert to see if they had any of the limited edition blacks available and was told there were a couple and I needed to call ASAP. I called and gave my $1,000 that day. I spoke to Robert earlier this week and he said I was told the guys ahead of me were getting there rifles shipped out this week and mine would probably be 2-3 weeks.

When I read the statement about the limited editions shipping today and the regular production rifles shipping in two weeks. All of a sudden, I started to worry perhaps they had my on their list for a regular production rifle and not the limited edition rifle I asked for and ordered. I e-mailed Robert last night and also called several times today also leaving messages, in an attempt to not only clarify that point but to pay the balance due on the rifle so when they are ready to ship, mine will be good to go.

So what do you think? I doubt ALL 500 limited edition rifles shipped today. This talk of regular production rifles shipping around the same time I was given for mine to ship concerns me. I guess I will try Robert again on Monday
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 1:56:40 AM EDT
[#26]
i think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.  all along they've said the l.e. rifles would go in waves taking several weeks per color.  i'm in the exact same boat as you and I'm not sweating it.  besides, if i don't get the limited edition I'll get a refund.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Rolling rolling rolling hear those trucks a rolling.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Looking at the rifle in the case just got me all giddy! But i thought it would be chambered in 5.56, not .223. i know basically the same thing, but could their be reliability/safety issues in shooting the hotter load? Do you guys think it will be an issue? AUGs are 5.556 NATO, maybe its just for civilian sales...
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#29]
As I understand it, these rifles are tested with two "Proof" rounds before shipping.  I don't think there will be an issue with safety but it's an excellent question to get an answer for.

Link Posted: 9/8/2007 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Please correct me if I'm wrong but not chambering the 5.56x45 because 5.56 is military ammo designed more for higher pressure in the barrel and more for full auto applications. The .223 or .223 Remington Special is for civilan/sportsman designed app. if it was me I be on the phone with MSAR.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/556-vs-223-Chambers.htm

Congratulations on being the first to post AKA the lottery winner
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Congratulations on being the first to post AKA the lottery winner

I don't think anybody has actually received one yet.

He's referring to the new pics on the MSAR web site.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Sorry bout that my bad. I seen those Pic's on the MSAR web site before they posted on this thread. I assumed everyone is anxious as me for any info about the STG-556. Please correct me but they posted the evening of 9/05/2007.

http://www.msarinc.com/product_updates.html

The lottery lives on
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#33]
There are newer pics than that on the main page, which is what they are talking about rifles in the case The barrels in the video are marked 5.56, maybe just the reciever is marked .223?
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#34]
The pictures are a welcome sight. So is the word "shipping"!

I too hope the barrels are marked 5.56 NATO.

Also, as I look at the pictures, I wonder if the Otis Cleaning kit is going to be in the rounded cutout in the foam below the gun. In the picture it is not but I thought I remembered it being included in the LE kit. And what is the slot in the foam at the top right for...the sling maybe

I guess I will have to wait...but the anticipation is worse than waiting for the Heinz ketchup...and now I can't get that darn Carly Simon song out of my mind.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#35]
I believe the top right spot is for the sheath for the knife.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I believe the top right spot is for the sheath for the knife.

Ahhh...that would make sense.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Where on the site are the pics of the guns in/on thee cases?  All I could find are the pics that are in the first post on this thread...
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 4:52:52 AM EDT
[#38]
MSAR link

Right under the quicktime video by Tony.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 6:12:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The pictures are a welcome sight. So is the word "shipping"!

I too hope the barrels are marked 5.56 NATO.

Also, as I look at the pictures, I wonder if the Otis Cleaning kit is going to be in the rounded cutout in the foam below the gun. In the picture it is not but I thought I remembered it being included in the LE kit. And what is the slot in the foam at the top right for...the sling maybe

I guess I will have to wait...but the anticipation is worse than waiting for the Heinz ketchup...and now I can't get that darn Carly Simon song out of my mind.

In the video the barrels are marked 5.56. I wonder why the receivers are marked different?
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Where on the site are the pics of the guns in/on thee cases?  All I could find are the pics that are in the first post on this thread...

Cleverly hidden on the front page.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Any postban model for those living behind the line?
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cleverly hidden on the front page.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2007 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#44]
I guess they should have named these the MSAR's STG 223 rifle.

I am really dissappointed with the .223 markings on the receiver. Actually, I'm quite pissed...

Anyone want to buy a rifle...?
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I am really dissappointed with the .223 markings on the receiver. Actually, I'm quite pissed...

You might be taking it a bit far, but i agree with the general sentiment of what you're saying.  Sort of a stupid move on their part.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

You bet.  What color?
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Are you shitting me, you dont want the gun because it sez 223 on the side and 556 on the barrel? lol, lighten up Frances.......
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Are you shitting me, you dont want the gun because it sez 223 on the side and 556 on the barrel? lol, lighten up Frances.......

Don't call him Frances!  LOL!
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Seriously I might have a buyer for your gun, what color is the stock? pm me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Seriously I might have a buyer for your gun, what color is the stock? pm me.

Seriously... I AM the buyer for his gun!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top