Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 11:10:42 AM EDT
just as title says.  I'm gonna buy one, you pick.

I like the basic commonality of both with their smaller caliber brothers of which I own many (AR15 in 223 and 9, HK's in 223 and 9), I like the BHO of the DPMS, I like the cheap mags of the JLD.

Seems to me teh DPMS can be turned into a tack driver byt he addition of a RRA trigger, the JLD while dependable could never be AS accurate even with a williams trigger installed.

But the JLD with 6 mags will cost me 760$, the DPMS with 6 mags will cost me 1200$.

I only plan on using top quality ammo in these, no surp.

What do y'all think?

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I voted for the HK clone. I have one and love it. Also, mags for them are CHEEEAP right now. You can get 50 of them for $50 from Tapco right now. I'd imagine the magazines for the DPMS are probably pretty expensive, and I have no idea if they function properly (armalite ar10 mags have had lots of problems, but I don't know about dpms ones). The G3 mags work great though. All that said, the AR10 style rifles are nice, but with a scope mount, I like the HK better over all because of the greater parts availability and cheap plentiful magazines. You'll enjoy either/both though. Can't really go wrong.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Chapperjoe,

I have posted many times in your "What should I buy?" threads. And I think you always will get the opposite of what I pick....so this time I am going to say get the DPMS AP4 .308

Even though IMO the HK91 is better than a AR10, and the HK91 has cheap mags....if I were you I would get the DPMS AP4 because you owned a PTR-91 in the past. So why not buy something different.

And the DPMS AP4 is an accurate rifle.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Chapperjoe,

I have posted many times in your "What should I buy?" threads. And I think you always will get the opposite of what I pick....so this time I am going to say get the DPMS AP4 .308

Even though IMO the HK91 is better than a AR10, and the HK91 has cheap mags....if I were you I would get the DPMS AP4 because you owned a PTR-91 in the past. So why not buy something different.

Chris

too funny.
I'll keep the thread posted, one of these is following me home.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Chapperjoe,

Chris

Old Chapper, you ARE one indescisive gun buyer
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Chapperjoe,

Chris

Old Chapper, you ARE one indescisive gun buyer

I have to agree with him Chap' .  

But, I guess we all get like that at one point or another though.

I voted for the JLD because of cheap, reliable mags, not picky about ammo, abundant spare

parts, cheaper initial expenditure, more durable, and a few others.  But, since you have already

owned a JLD, go ahead and try the DPMS out, and tell us all about it.  And when you get ready to

sell it, I call dibbs first.

By the way, I don't remember; why did you sell your PTR ??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top